CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Empty Lake Bassmasters - 2018 Tournament Trail - UPDATED
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Empty Lake Bassmasters - 2018 Tournament Trail - UPDATED Reply with quote

****We'll have a pre-season meeting in the bar at J Timothy's in Plainville on Saturday, March 31, at noon.****

Last year, I joined Empty Lake Bass Club, which, apparently, has been renamed Empty Lake Bassmasters. I would have preferred keeping the name or changing it to Empty Lake Masterbassers, but WHATEVER. . . . Rolling Eyes

Anyway, Empty Lake Bassmasters is a small bass fishing club that’s been around for years. So many years that many members have moved on to other clubs, other pursuits or The Great Beyond. It's a great bunch of easygoing fishermen. Well, except for THAT guy. . . . Laughing

Last year, we had only six boats in the club and one of those boats broke down early in the season, so we really only had five boats competing in most tourneys. This year, we'll have a 14 tourney schedule. Each boat has two anglers who fish as a team. We pay dues and entry fees for all of the 14 tourneys at the beginning of the season. Dues are $25 per member and the entry fee for each of the 14 tourneys is $15 per member (i.e., $15 x 14 = $210), so each member pays $235 (i.e., $25 + $210 = $235) at the beginning of the season.

We also have an optional $10 per boat lunker pool each tourney. How a boater and non-boater work that out between them is up to them. Last year, I made my non-boater, rmflint (aka Ryan) pay the $10. This year, too, Ryan! Wink

Each team’s two worst outings are dropped when determining the team standings. The fishing time in each tourney is eight hours. The best five-fish bag of keeper largemouth and smallmouth bass wins. Last year, we paid out to only first and second place in each tourney, because we had so few boats. If we were to have more than seven boats in the club, we’d pay out to third, too.

All of the entry fees for each tourney are paid out after the tourney. The dues go toward a very minimal reserve to pay for a new scale when needed and an end of year banquet (with trophies!). Last year, we hit J Timothy’s for Extra Dirty Wings and beer.

If you’re looking to join a small, really laid-back bass fishing club, Empty Lake Bassmasters is a good option. The first tourney on the schedule will be on April 22. Here’s the tentative tourney schedule:

If you're interested in joining the club, send me a PM.

****We'll have a pre-season meeting in the bar at J Timothy's in Plainville on Saturday, March 31, at noon.****

Last edited by PECo on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
hila2006

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!! Sent you a reply via pm Phil.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so we’ll have our preseason meeting at J Timothy’s in Plainville on Saturday, March 31, at noon.

I’ll be the drunk guy hitting on the cute bartender; the girl, not the guy. Show up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: