CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: STRIPER OFF OF FENWICK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesgkavanaugh

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: STRIPER OFF OF FENWICK Reply with quote

I'm new to this posting so I have to figure out how to add picture. We fished Sunday the 23rd in the A.M. at the mouth of the CT RIVER on a outgoing tide. My son, Jimmy, caught a 35" Stiper on a bunker chunk. We were chumming and chunking off of buoy #7.

Last edited by jamesgkavanaugh on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aj1986

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, i was out there Wed morning from about 5am till 12pm with my brother and a friend. fishing was slow untill the tide started coming in. we dont usually stay out that long but there were about 10 stripers following everytthing back to the boat every cast once the water was getting a little higher. we all caught something. my brother got a nice 35 incher, my friend got a 29 incher and the only one i landed was a little schoolie about 23inches. we hooked into alot of big ones, must have lost atleast 5-6 keepers. I think the sun was so bright that they were having hard time hitting the top waters. Had about 20 times more blow ups on top water that missed the lure completely then we did fish. My friend lost a 40+ right at the boat. He knew the hook wasnt set all that good so we tired to net it quick but came off anyway. Iv never seen so many bass before, there were keeper size going by the boat in schools of like 20 all day long. Also got a couple blues on some top water poppers. Going back at around 4 this morning too, gunna try some live baits this time see if we cant get some of the big ones to commit and get some lunkers.
Aj1986

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out this morning again with my bro and friend, launched at 445am fished until 1230. Caught 10 or 11 keepers, all in the 31-36 inch range. Also got 4 or so schoolies 25-27 inches. got another blue also, 10lber, hell of a fight. Lost prob 3-4 and had prob 20+ blow ups that didnt take. Most the fish hit the lures 3-4 times before they committed and took them. Had live eels but didnt catch anything on them so we gave them to another guy out there. Got stoped by the DEP to check licenses and PFD's and to make sure we werent keeping any small fish but we released them all. All in all a really good day, nice overcast, beautiful weather for Striper fishing. Plus it helps when you get huge hits every 4-5 casts Very Happy
jamesgkavanaugh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: HERE IS THE STRIPER PICTURE OFF OF FENWICH Reply with quote

If it is not here see my photos gallery under.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: