CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: 1 June 07 Fluke Report and new PB!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Po'BoyFishin'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: 1 June 07 Fluke Report and new PB!!! Reply with quote

Well as planned I headed back out to the south side of Fishers Friday with my Brother in law. It was his first time out & my second. The plan was to boat a few for him and only monsters for me Cool .
The day started off with Jeff showing up 38 minutes late after a quick wake up call Mad we arrived at Bayberry launch at 6AM and off we went skies were pink and the wind was blowing a chilly breeze (all warning signs for a little rig like Po'Boy the resurrected 17'er.
After a 10 mile commute were were finally at the hot spot (Ocean X). Before we could even wet our lines we were greeted by NY DEP. After a quick cooler & safety inspection we were free to fish. In the morning fishing was slow for me but the fish seemed a little larger with Jeff boating lots of shorts 18" to 19", saw a few trawlers and just figured they wiped the area out My initial catch was lower than Jeff's due to large hooks and large baits but by the end of the trip we had boated 5 keepers all but one were accredited to me I told him "fish gods were mad about his late arrival" Laughing my largest measured in at 27" 3 separate times Laughing Laughing Laughing and Jeff boated a nice 23" and beet me out on quantity of fish( we always compete). the rig off choice was the home made pink and mylar teaser and spinner on 4ft of fluorocarbon leader at times during the day we needed as much as 10 oz to keep the baits on the bottom.

well thats how we do it Po' Boy style Laughing

Tight lines...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOP's forgot to add the magic depth was 47ft on both days

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making me drool Very Happy

You're killing me with those pix man! Laughing JK... nice job on the fluke.

I'll be out there as soon as I get my replacement trailer plate. I can't wait to go out again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fluke Very Happy
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report Dan: great pics. thanks!! Smile

Don

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some nice flatties right there. Congrats on the PB. Always a blast to get into some nice fish. What was the weight on the 27"'er? I'm guessing 6.5-7#'s?
Po'BoyFishin'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flukeprodigy wrote:
some nice flatties right there. Congrats on the PB. Always a blast to get into some nice fish. What was the weight on the 27"'er? I'm guessing 6.5-7#'s?

No scale Sad finally broke down and bought one the other day Laughing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: