CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: 10/21 Rogers with Nick
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: 10/21 Rogers with Nick Reply with quote

Got together with NickyP this morning at Rogers. Hit the water at 7AM and Nick put 3 solid fish in the boat in the first 15 minutes! Took me about an hour to get mine, that went 4.5 lbs (although it's hard to tell from the pic..). Unfortunately that was it for the rest of the morning!...as soon as the sun came up beyond the trees,..the fish went into hibernation!
BTW,..although we tried a lot of different baits,..everything was caught on a jig&pig! Very Happy

Nickp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, both those pic's came out bad. Anways, the first fish I had on, I ask mark "Is it rocky here? OHHHH" and I set the hook. Same thing happened again and again the next few casts. And 6 1/2-7lbs of largies were in the boat. We struggled a little bit until I notice mark stop teaching for a second and winds up to set the hook. I reach for the net and hes already got a VERY long bass in the boat with no gut, shoulda went 5++lbs. And that was it except for a few questionable hits on finesse and whatnot. Felt like summer.

Thanks a ton for the quick HUGE jig lesson, it will be used well, headed out now Laughing
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Rogers, congrats guys. The pics don't look too bad although their not the typical quality pics Mark usually takes.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick / Mark

Nice job...

I'm still waiting for my day on the water with Mark so he can teach me a few tricks.

When I go with SkeeterJim he teaches me patience. Sorry bud I couldn’t resist the gab.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ok... I want to clarify. When I mean patience I mean slow down my retrieve and working an area thoroughly.

If it hadn’t been for SkeeterJim I’d still be using a bobber from shore..

Ps, Jim you owe me $20.00 bucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: