CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: 2 PB's in 1 night!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linesider21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: 2 PB's in 1 night!! Reply with quote

So I landed my 2 PB LMB & SMB last night on Rainbow Reservoir in my new boat.. My buddy and I got out there at about 3pm trolled around our usual spots and he was hittin smallies and rock bass like the dickens, I couldn't hookup anything other than logs and branches Rolling Eyes So about 7 we were heading in and decided to hit another spot that has produced some nice smallies for me in the past. After getting 3 Yamamoto Senkos robbed from me, I finally hooked this gem. Had to b 2.5-2.75lb (scale was in the truck, and it stays there for good reasons lol)

Ive caught 3lb smallies in the past on the CTR from shore but this is my PB on the boat!

Then after trolling that bank somemore we got to a cove that has a massive weed bed, and I was thinking to myself time to switch from the Senkos to one of these little buggers (they've been in my tackle box since I was like 15 and I have never even used one Mad )

so I was drifting it over the weeds, letting it drop in between them annnd BANG! My Abu was singing that little song we all love to hear! and about 5mins later I pulled this out SOLID LMB out! First cast too!

i chucked it in my livewell and we fished some more until dark. Once we got back I pulled the scale out and she weighed in at 4.64lb and was released! My PB LMB ever besides a 5lber I caught when I was 8... Let the comments begin!

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
chud059

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some nice fish.. good job... I haven't fished Rainbow since I was a kid on my Dad's bass boat. We used to go way back near where the river comes in. I need a boat.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catches!
mikey5string

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fish. That is a huge smallmouth. I'd like to catch more smallies. I bet those fish seemed way bigger in real life. I swear my camera shaves a pound off every fish I catch Wink

I had my best day ever today. Caught a bunch of 4-5 pounders at the Salt. I saw a BIG bass nail a dragonfly on the surface and a few more breaking the surface. I chased the splashes for a while before going to the other side and fishing deeper water.

I was fishing the same way as you were. HItting the outside edges of the weeds. The bigger fish are deeper and were lazy. I caught them almost deadsticking weightless plastics. (senko's, flukes and craws)

Nothing beats a day of fishing except a day of catching!
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome catch dude !! Now the question is can u get those soft plastics anymore!!!?? Lol sounds like a awesome trip out with the new boat !!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice day out. Enjoy the new rig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: