CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: 3 Places 1 Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: 3 Places 1 Day Reply with quote

Member mikeyinstfd (Mike) and I hit Great Hollow Lake hoping for trout. Arrived around 11:15am and worked most areas of the shoreline.

Mike threw a Berkley Trout Worm out there on 1 rod while playing with a jig for bass on another. He only had 2 hits on the Berkley and had a few taps on the jig.

I threw my usual Rapala trout killers but never got a hit or follower. Tried playing topwater with a shad Shallow Shad Rap SSR-5 and bleeding pearl Original Floater F-7 around weeds, which resulted in a cookie cutter bass.

Later we spent about a half hour at a nearby pond.

I landed a bass on the F-7 and Mike got a bass on his jig. He also lost a bass while playing topwater with a perch SSR-7.

Last stop of the day was the golf course. That's where the bass were more active even though they weren't being aggressive.

We worked a number of spots along 3 ponds and the stream.

Mike was getting lots of hits on his jig and landed 3 bass. I wasn't getting any topwater action with the F-7 so switched to a glass minnow Husky Jerk HJ-6 and did a suspending retrieve. That had bass and bluegills curious, but most would just peck at it or carefully take the tail. Did land 4 bass.

Mike got the lunker of the day on a spinner, which ended up being a chunky 2 pounder. Orange seemed to be the color with how stained the water was.

Hit the road around 5pm.
limeymotors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your reports .... But do you work? I'm jelous on how much time you have to fish. Thanks for the reports. - Duncan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man was I having fun with my new baitcasting setup. Really wish I used spinner all day. Jig fishing has been tough to learn for me because I'm impatient. But love how they hit when they hit. Problem was they kept tapping it but not taking it completely.

Now that I am really comfortable casting this thing im thinking I can get some more quality fish.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limeymotors wrote:
I love your reports .... But do you work? I'm jelous on how much time you have to fish. Thanks for the reports. - Duncan

I've been unemployed since late June 2012 and have filled out many apps. Hoping to find something suitable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: