CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: 6/24, 6/26 Mansfield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkins

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: 6/24, 6/26 Mansfield Reply with quote

6/24 Mansfield north,
one LMB senko wacky flickit green senko with chart tip

6/26 Mansfield north and south

2 lmb, one on cut tail on jobee hook, one on senko wacky flickit green senko with chart tip, one bass in each part of the lake.

1 pickerel on grizz bait spinnerbait, white and silver.
gcutler196

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Pike Reply with quote

I like Mansfield and I like that nice Pickerel picture. There are some nice Pike in there too, mostly on the shallow side. I have seen a ton of fish on my fish finder on the deep side and have caught some Bass but there mus be more than I catch on the deep side when you pass under the overpass. I mostly use Zoom worms, Spinnerbaits and large silver daredevils for the Pickerel and Pike. Smile
Who catches a lot of Bass there and what are you using. I was going to try shiners since I have a live well. I have nothing against Pickerel and Pike but I like Bass since you can just lift them by the lip and pluck out the hook. Better have those needle nose plyers for the Pickerel and Pike unless you enjoy bleeding.
atkins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the bass I catch there come on senkos. I've always done better on the boat launch side. My personal best bass came out of there by the dead tree, 4.75 lbs, few years back. I've only gotten two pike, one on a crankbait, one on a lipless
PIKEKILLER1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atkins you put in some serious time there. Do you ever throw big swimbaits for pike. Or live line some big bait
PIKEKILLER1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atkins you put in some serious time there. Do you ever throw big swimbaits for pike. Or live line some big bait
atkins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, most of the time I just go for bass, The swimbaits I want to try more of. These nice bass that will hit them too, and suggestions for swimbaits?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: