CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: 6/24 watch hill area outgoing tide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: 6/24 watch hill area outgoing tide Reply with quote

I went out with my old man and my son. We got to watch hill around slack tide. We trolled for about an hour and got nothing.

I looked off in the distance and some birds working. We floored it to the birds and saw some small stripers jumping. I was throwing an atom popper without any hook ups, just a couple of swipes.

So I threw on a tsunami swim bait and casted out in the the school. I hooked up with about a 26" striper and got her in the boat. My son was psyched.

We chased the small school for about another 45 minutes but no more hook ups. The action died and we went home.

It was the first time I took my son out striper fishing. He loved it, he was so excited to see the fish jumping out of the water. Of course I forgot my f@cken camera, again:(

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

Nice job, gettin your son out. I thought you didn't have a boat?

Sorry it must be your old mans boat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is my dad's boat. He keeps in Stonington. It's a 2009 2600wa Seaswirl. It's a pretty nice boat. I don't go out on it much because I hate the commute and his marina is really shallow so he can only go out when the tide is right, which is a pita.

I was a little nervous taking him out, but the gunnels are really high and the cockpit is roomey so i felt safe taking him out there with us. Now that I know this, I will probably do a lot more fishing with my dad and son.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: