CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: 6/9 & 6/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: 6/9 & 6/11 Reply with quote

Thursday I got an early start after staying up overnight. I was down at Seaside by 4:45am. Tide was going out and low was scheduled for 9:27.

As the sun rose, I lost 2 small tailors and landed a sea robin on a 2oz Hopkins at the cannon.

A buddy arrived later, but he and I had no more luck. He then called me from a spot saying gulls were active. I ride my bike there, but both of us had no luck.

Once I got back to the cannon and casted a bit, I saw it was almost 8, so I headed over to the Remington sandbar.

Threw a combination of topwaters and also the Hopkins. As tide got closer to low, the 2 to 4 pound tailors woke up. I landed a total of 5, lost 4, and had lots of explosions. The Hopkins and a 5" Tsunami pencil popper were the lures getting attention. Once the tide got higher, the but shut down. Went back later with a buddy as tide got higher but no more luck.

Saturday morning a buddy and I hit the Remington sandbar. Low was scheduled for 11:10. Water temps at the local buoy had dropped quite a bit due to 3 days in a row of gusty northwest winds. Water ranged from 57.7 to 58.1 while we were out there. No matter what we threw, not a single hit or follower.

Hit the road just after noon.

Now I'll be waiting for that water to climb back up to the 60 mark to turn the blues on again. It was weird how for a few days with nice water temps, people were catching lots of those small tailors whenever the tide was right. But then that water dropped quite a bit, causing the bite to shut down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: