CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: 8/3/08 - Quabbin Gate 32
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestinkycrappie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: 8/3/08 - Quabbin Gate 32 Reply with quote

Second time to the Quabbin, first time to this gate. It was a hike. I slept in Belchertown MA, close to gate 8 in an effort to shorten the early morning drive. Still took almost an hour to get to the launch. Rented a boat and brought my trolling motor and anchor.
Got on the water at 7am with the wife. Very first cast and BAM, got a 2 pounder on a Pop-R. Threw that for a bit until it went cold. Then started up with my lucky plastic. KILLED EM. I had a fish in the boat every ten minutes for the first hour. After that it got REAL SLOW. I'm not sure if it was because I switched up my bait in order to go for a giant slob or what. At about 10:30, I was fishing ith a 10.5" inch worm trying to get a beast out of the tall grass and BAM, line tighened up, I set the hook and he sawm stright into the cover, fought him for about a minute, and then he was gone. I was pissed. Ended up with 6 on the day. 4 LMB's and 2 SMB. Biggest was a 3lb largemouth. Sorry no pics, things got screwed up because I slept somewhere else.
Once again, just a beautiful place to fish.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job Stinky! Very Happy
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should take sammy out with you. Jake has been comming out with me and he loves it. Nice catching. We need to hit that place. Sounds beautiful.

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is beautiful, not too many places in Southern New England make you feel like your fishing in northern Maine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
you should take sammy out with you. Jake has been comming out with me and he loves it. Nice catching. We need to hit that place. Sounds beautiful.

I would love to but there is no way that I could stay out there that long with him. If I'm paying 34 bucks for the day I need to stay out longer than 2 hours. Also, it gets choppy out there, I wouldn't bring any kid out there younger than 8. The place is HUGE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: