CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: 9/17/07 East Hartford Sheriton - Tons of bass boats Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: 9/17/07 East Hartford Sheriton - Tons of bass boats Reply with quote

anyone know what event was going on in east hartford at the sheriton? I saw at least 30 bass boats pulling into the parking lot around 5PM.

Justin
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/federation/news/story?page=b_fed_2007_BFN_eastern_connecticut

that explains it. Any of you guys fishing in the eastern divisional championship?

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike B. is on the site and came up from georgia ta fish. Il be headed to the wiegh in's
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where and what time are the weigh ins? I want to check it out.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He told me 3 or 4pm tomorrow and thursday I think.

Each angler gets 4 hours on the trolling motor each day and fishes out of the back for the remaining 4 hours of the day- there technically is no non boater. 5 fish limits. The rules are EXTREMELY strict this year, no outside information after sunday night- if your found out there will be a DQ or heavy wieght penalty. Either way im sure there were some homo's out on the river beating the main spots/stretches HARD for there friends in the federation.

This is the northeast finals. BIG tourney for the guys looking to go pro.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks nick. i saw all the boats on the water this morning in hartford. I think the tournament is 3 days per the website. I just couldn't find out what time the weigh ins are.

Does anyone know what the prize money is for the top 10?

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
Does anyone know what the prize money is for the top 10?

Probably more than what most of us make in a year! Rolling Eyes
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for the federation Jim, they make shit. I think I heard less then 5k for top finisher, but that maybe if your #1 for the state team (best Fisherman in the ct FEDERATION) This tourney is for the ct federation, mass, maine,rhode island and all that good stuff. Theres some VERY talented anglers.
robbyducati

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think makin it to the bassmasters classic is a shit prize
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats deffinately a PLUS lol

I was reffering to the cash aspect of it.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick did you go to the weigh ins? I am going to try to make it tomorrow if I don't go fishing. My buddy said I could use his boat so I probably will go fishing at the wethersfeidl res.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wethersfield res? Looking for a partner? Never heard of the place. Im at school in midldetown till 2pm, shoot me a call if you dont mind- il head out to fish or the wiegh in either way- its at 3pm
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick pm me your number. I getting out of work around 4pm and picking up my buddies boat and hope to be on the water around 4:30 (provided my boss doesn't keep me captive). The guy that is lending me his boat (mike) told his buddy (todd) that im fishing the res. Todd wants to go but he has a work committment until 6:00 and said he MAY meet me at 6:30 but I am not holding my breath.

He is a good hearted guy but a compulsive lier (he means well but definitely a story teller). U can fish 3 from the boat without a problem but you are gonna have to listen to this guys stories - don't worry they are pretty funny an entertaining but complete bs. He fishes a spinnig reel like you would a baitcaster with the reel on top of the rod - just to give you idea of what your dealing with. Surprizingly he does catch fish. He is the guy that is always saying he had a huge bite or he has one and then reels in a bunch of weeds and says the bass must have gotten him tangled.. - it is funny as hell.

Technically your only allowed to launch a boat and fish the res if you live in wethersfield. If you preferred to fish with your boat and partner we can meet up and if we run into the fuzz (not likely) I will tell them you and your partner are guest at my house.

My biggest fish in there was about 7 years(when I sold my boat) ago and it was 5 and 7/8ths in about 1' of water on a tube.It was sick - I saw its dorsal fin come out of the water and it charged about 20' like a shark. I used to fish 3 times a week and always caught good size(2-3lbs) fish and a lot. This year was the first year I fished in 7 years and it has been slow, mostly small LMB between 1*2lbs and not very many. However, I always had good luck in the spawn and fall.

It's fed by a natural spring and brooks. The average depth is about 4-6 feet, It is probably about 70acers, some nice lilly sections for froggin and I know a couple of dropoffs. If it is calm, top water(buzz baits and popper) is awesome, especially the last hour of light. Spinner baits, tubes and worms are always good to. I never tried ds or jigging due to a lack of know how, so with your experience we could open up a can of whoop ass.

You are definitely welcome on the my boat and I would say it is about a 95% chance that todd doesn't show. We have fished 3 people without a problem if he does show. pm me and I will call you.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take my small canoe and a buddy from school- pads and whatnot are my thing Very Happy

Looks like il be leaving my house with my buddy by 3. I plan on staying till a little before 9- show ya what my big baits can do Twisted Evil

Looking forward to it

203-376-8022. No idea on directions but il go hunt on mapquest right now.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good nick, the launch is on thornbush between two rod highway and prospect street. I will call you tomorrow and give you better directions.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: