CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: 9/24 Wethersfield Res
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: 9/24 Wethersfield Res Reply with quote

Went out to the wethersfield res and caught a 4" bass. I got out on the water at 5pm but had to be home by 7:30. It was slow as hell and windy. Around 7:15 the sun was going down and the moon was glowing. The lake became dead calm and all kinds of flys were floating around. I could here bass hitting the top water bite but I had to go. The last 15 minutes I was there was pretty sick in regards to ambiance - it was like something out of a bob ross painting. As I trolled to the boat launch fish were jumping every where and one of them slammed into the side of the boat. I wish I could have stayed.

Justin
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict,

Where is Wethersfield Res?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In wethersfield Laughing

Its on Thornbush in between Two Rod Highway and Prospect.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice try man- I saw your call but the girlfriend had my phone and no intentions of letting me go anywhere. lol
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict,

I've driven by that place many times, but didn't think fishing was allowed.

My MapSource software says it was called Griswold Res years ago.

I need to check that place out.

Thanks..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeeterRon, I believe you are only allowed to fish there if you live in wetherfield, however it is not posted so it may have changed. It used to be my favorite place to fish 10 years ago. I wasn't uncommon to catch 20 - 30 bass in the 2-4lb range in a 4 hour trip. My biggest bass out of there was 5.6lbs. I have a friend that caught a 6.5lber.

I just started fishing it again this year after taking about 5 years off. I have been there 6 times this year and it doesn't seem to be what it used to be. There is a lot more fishing pressure. I used to go there every day and would almost never see another boat on the lake. Now it is not uncommon to see 3-5 other boats fishing at the same time. It's only about 70 acers. You will see a lot of shore fisherman taking everything home the catch.

I have always had the best luck in spring and fall there so I am not giving up hope. The last 40 minutes of light always seems to be productive - especially top water. You should be able to fish there without a problem. Keep in mind the launch is shallow and you can only use electric motors. Buzzbaits, popers, spinnerbaits(white and black) and plastic worms are your friend.

I think I am gonna hit it tonight. It is about 2miles away from my house so I can get some decent fishing time in even if I go after work. Aside from the fishing, it is really a beautiful place. There are a lot of blue herrings, Baltimore orioles, swans, geese, ducks, turtles and nice landscape in general. So regardless of the fishing, it can be pretty relaxing.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: