CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: a flukeing success
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigoutdoors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: a flukeing success Reply with quote

today we hade a great day.we started on the north side of fishers island by the ferry landing.had a small school of blues pop up just as we started to get ready,i tried to get a few ,but no luck.i wanted to land a few on the flyrod that i just set up for them,hopefully next trip.we made 3 drifts in front of the ferry landing with no luck.then we headed over to barttlets reef.we fished the west side of the reef with the drift south to north.on the first drift my buddy joe comes up with a 26 inch fluke.we get out of the rip and nothing happens.we make the drift again,don picks up a fat short,then i get a 24 inch.,made 3 more drifts and got into the dogfish,i landed a 34.5,don landed a34 and joe landed a 28 .we then headed over to two trees channel.the drift was over west to east.joe picks up a 24 inch on the first drift don and i pick up 2 shorts each.made 4 more drifts with shorts comming up.on the last drift at the end i hook up with a nice one.it made it to the surface,but fishing with a 76 and 68 year olds they dont move to fast for the net,Crazy and i lost it at the surface.joe and i both guess around 26 inch,ohhh well Pirate it happens.then for our final hoorahh we headed over to the sea flower reef and drifted right to groton long point.landed a bunch of shorts untill we got near groton long point,joe started with a fat 24 inch don got a 20 inch, and guesss what!!,it happen again i brought up a nice 20-22 inch no net,lost at the surface AGAINMad.LOL i threaten to cut both thier lines next time we go out.
the majic bait was hickory shad strips today.the didnt want squid.the strips we from last year and we are almost out,i cant wait unill they come back in this year
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Slabs!
Po'BoyFishin'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics?, Nice trip Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot the camera but took some pics when i got home.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yum, Tasty looking slabs!
bassarama

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice day indeed!

Congratulations Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice lookin flatties Cool You should consider using Mackeral strips as well. They've been outproducing everything this year.
bigoutdoors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have,bluefish gives off the same oil slick,plus i dont have to buy them,lol.i very cheap Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: