CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: A POLL Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: A POLL Reply with quote

Just wondering about some of your opinions on the best ice u guys have fished in ct, as far as size qaunity and just your favorite spots, just thought it would be cool to here about some different spots from the ones we are use to
JiggyWithIt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that info is gonna cost ya Laughing BGterminator seems to do very well where ever he goes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I get some fish here and there. Laughing Laughing Laughing The key to succesful ice fishing is to fish a lake that you have fished from a boat or know where the weeds are. I never go ice fishing at a lake that I haven't fished from a boat to ice fish because you just waste your time. You are not gonna catch fish if you just go out into the middle of the lake, and you are not going to catch fish if you fish 5 feet of the shoreline. You have to find breaks or drop offs from weeds or rocks and then set up along the drop off. The only exception is the walleye from Gardner. I have never fished there but the DEP Fishing Book showed me where the drop offs are on Minnie Island and I happen to find it. Sometimes you get on a fish highway like my report from Birges and you get fish from the same trap or 2 traps all day long...
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BB!

Just saw your Poll!

1st part answer is Yes!

2nd part answer is NOPE, Uh-Uh, Nada, No-way, Sorry, Say What?, Would you repeat that part again, LOL Very Happy , LOL Very Happy , LOL Very Happy

Nice try but "No-One -> NO-ONE !" is going to give out that most precious of information kept nearest their fishy little heart Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Silly "W"abbit -> Trixs are for Kids Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll NEVER TELL Exclamation
SeaDog1 Very Happy
billybass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostly its just to hear about some action else were, i always ice fish the spots i can get to in 20 min 30 min from my house.It makes it easy like BLUEGILL said 50min is pushin it but if u are landing lunkers than well worth it. I am a big fan of bolton lake 15 min im there, and I do real well on the smallies (SMB) that place has to be filled ,black pond,crystal lake,mashpaug,moreypond all close and decent fishing..Dont worry fellow fisherman not trying to get any secret info (SEADOG) Laughing Laughing .JUst like to hear the input..
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havnt found many threads here or on other sites about places in Danbury or its surrounding towns/cities.

I have caught fish 5 feet from shore but, I wouldnt suggest it unless as said previously you know that there are rocks or weeds etc in that area.

Most places I fish cannot be fished with a boat because, its not allowed such as east and west lake.

Many of the fish I caught yesterday came from area of weeds

The best thing you can do if you do not know or cannot find info on a specific ice covered body of water is to ask the people fishing it questions.
Questions such as depth, where cover (weeds timber etc) can be found, the type of fish they are catching in the area, and any other questions you think will improve your catch rate.

I personally cannot say I have a fav or best spot yet because, I personally had great luck on one body of water on one outing and was pretty much skunked the rest of my days out.

Candlewood in many areas such as the Danbury town park has been doing well though at times its been slow for anglers I have seen a lot of decent fish pulled through the ice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my buddy went to amos lake friday and my buddy got about a 5 pound pickerel, i think it was the biggest pickerel ive ever seen and a guy right next to us got a 4 pound largemouth. We were all fishing on the first drop from the boat launch cove to the middle it drops from like 6 ft to 30+feet.
Just two nice fish, not much for numbers that day. There are some really good bass spots there but the ice was way thin in most spots.
billybass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out this morning for a couple hours got lucky i was 1st there and i got my holes from the other day ,i just had to smash them threw and i was good to go, caught a couple, nothing to brag about ,but i was wondering about the thin ice there was still 10+ inches but its getting warmer..hopefully it lasts
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BB!

Just kidding with you! Very Happy -> MAYBE Question LOL Very Happy Twisted Evil

Well we're now getting into the Mid-Winter slow down period Exclamation Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Oxygen levels are dropping under the ice, the green weeds are almost gone, and fish are getting legarthic.
Time to sharpen-up our skills on finesse fishing tactics.
Get the lookers to turn into bitters!

Guess I'll have to dig out and hang my homemade weeds (made of old christmas garland) in a semi circle and my homemade attractor/chum ball rig to get the fish to come in Exclamation (Worked pretty good last year for me!)

Oooops Exclamation Just let one of my secrets out -> LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good fishing Guys Exclamation
Best regards,
SeaDog1
billybass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like Twisted Evil Twisted Evil JAWS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil use a little chum and lure them in Laughing
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BB!

Yup! You've got IT Exclamation

Have to start using my secret chum recipe. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

SeaDog1
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've caught large browns 17 inches plus putting a shiner down a hole a few minutes after I dump down all the guts and eggs from filets of perch...
billybass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing like some good old intestine floatin around Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
fishingmaniac12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want non stop action alll day go to halls pond. went there today and caught 37 pickerel in 4 hrs
billybass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a waste of shiners Crying or Very sad unless u were jigging Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: