CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Admin or Tech or Knowledgeable People in this area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UrbanRedneck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Admin or Tech or Knowledgeable People in this area Reply with quote

I have a friend who has a horse farm. He was thinking of doing a blog type site like this one. Maybe facebook and YouTube as well. Question is, does one have to trade mark a name in order to be a legit presence in the internet world? Did ctfishtalk just make a blog and that's it? And if so, what protects the name from someone else using your title?

Thanks and keep up the great work here. Long time sense I been on a nice, clean, no issues between parties (that I have seen), and no profanity. Well done!
LMB, 21.5" @ 6.3 lbs. (Mounted)
SMB, 20" @ 5.8 lbs.
T, 23" @ 4.3 lbs.
ripline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to a hosting site like "Go Daddy" and register the name he wants.

He will pay a monthly hosting fee and the name becomes his as long as he keeps up payments.

Google sites has a template for a website that is pretty user friendly. I had someone build the initial site for me but I do all updates.

Facebook has business pages that are also pretty simple...my kids helped me set mine up Embarassed .
UrbanRedneck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I will relay the info to him. Probably going to be recruited for the help as well. I will look into these ideas and hope it works out for him. He is really not wanting to start this new adventure and have someone take his name and use it as he would not have ownership of the name. But I will let him know. Thanks again.
LMB, 21.5" @ 6.3 lbs. (Mounted)
SMB, 20" @ 5.8 lbs.
T, 23" @ 4.3 lbs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: