CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Advice - Never Shop at BassProShops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aroz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Advice - Never Shop at BassProShops Reply with quote

I usually dont ever complain about any retail store, but i was so angry last night dealing with customer service from BassPro Shops that I or my immediate family will NEVER EVER shop there again. I cannot believe how disappointed i am with them (especially since they are coming to Bridgeport, CT soon). They lost me for a customer because they had ZERO urge to try to make things right. And when i mean zero uge i mean ZERO... the only response was "i do apologize for your inconvenience" and "i apologize, but there is nothing that can be done" and more I apologize...

What happened was i placed an order on Friday night for a rod, but knew that due to the holiday i better choose faster shipping to receive my rod for probably the last fishing trip of the year this Friday. I paid $20 extra for 2nd day air because i asked another CSR Friday night what i should do to receive it by Wednesday of this week and he told me if i chose 2nd day air i would be fine because they had the rod in stock and ready to ship.

To make a long story short i was checking my email daily this week and as of yesterday did not see an order confirmation so i called in. They said due to "unknown circumstances" the rod did not ship out until yesterday (Tuesday) and that it will arrive on Friday. I dont know about you, but where i work if we say one thing and under-deliver we do ANYTHING we can to get our customers their product... INCLUDING shipping overnight. Well BassPro Shops definitely does not. I told them that the whole point of paying $20 for express shipping was to have it delivered by Wednesday. The CSR was not helpful at all actually didnt offer anything up to make things right like to credit the shipping charges that i paid for that was now a complete waste of money.

After fighting with him to drop the shipping charges to at least make me feel less angry at the whole situation he finally said that he would credit the 2nd day shipping. The best part is that he tried to spin it around and make it seem like it was my fault that i ordered so "late". Remember, i ordered Friday night at around 6pm which means they had all of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to prep the package for shipment which never happened. After fighting for credit on the shipping charges i wanted all of the shipping charges dropped including a $6 charge for any package over 6 feet in length. Let's just say they wouldnt even do that for me.

They lost a customer for life not because they made a mistake (i understand we are human and we all make them), but due to the fact that i could sense that my issue was not even close to a priority for them. The fact that i had to fight so hard to just get the 2nd day air fee waived says alot.

Sorry for the long message - just thought i would warn all of you before you go to BassPro when it opens in Bridgeport.
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you order with a credit card (not debit card/bank card)? The reason I ask is because you can sometimes contact them and get a refund. There is something in their terms and conditions that states if you didn't get the product or service you ordered, etc etc. Not entirely sure...sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience. I do hate when that happens, such a disappointment. If it makes you feel better I wont ever be shopping there lol. Cabelas is my place, and they always have made it right for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAP284 wrote:
Did you order with a credit card (not debit card/bank card)? The reason I ask is because you can sometimes contact them and get a refund. There is something in their terms and conditions that states if you didn't get the product or service you ordered, etc etc. Not entirely sure...sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience. I do hate when that happens, such a disappointment. If it makes you feel better I wont ever be shopping there lol. Cabelas is my place, and they always have made it right for me.

Yes i ordered with a credit card, but will never order from them again whether its going there in person, or ordering over the phone or via the internet.

I'll always be a Cabelas shopper going forward as they have always helped me with product defects, or any problems that i have had.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not in love with BassPro either. While I like the World Wide Angler store in Islamorada, BP tends to be expensive and they are not as customer friendly as Cabelas or your local shop. Even their sale prices aren't much better than I can get things locally.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isnt fair at all. Sunday isnt a buisness day though and every major type of store like BPS and cabelas have a thing like if you order after 9pm then your order will process next day. So they had friday and saturday to prep the order and monday and tuesday to ship the order which would make it arrive tuesday or wednesday. Even if you were wrong they shouldve given you store credit or at least credited you back no problem. I dont shop at bass pro shops cause i feel cabelas is better priced but im sure i wont be shopping there in the future. Thanks for telling us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been Buying from BPS since I was a teenager, and always had the best of luck. Been to the store in Foxborough many times, find it a much better store than Cabelas. No offense, but Saturdays or Sundays do not count as shipping days, or order filling days in most companies because most carriers (UPS, FEDX ground) do not move packages on those days. Sorry been a shipping manager for 30 years now, but you are still right about costomer service like that. They still should've offered you some compensation for sure. Best of luck in the future.
Megaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: BPS vs Cabellas Reply with quote

Only been to BPS once...now this is INSTORE and did not involve online/electronic ordering (Ever try TACKLEWAREHOUSE?) ...BUT Ive had CRAPPY service at Cabelas esp looking for specific JIGs/Craws/soft plastics/Archery products...being IGNORED while these highschool kids working there talk to their co-worker buddies..on one occaision a "foreign dude" while shopping at Cabelas got the total Heisman..no help whatsoever... they would just Ignore him....

The poor guy approached me and asked "can i please ask you a question on what baits to buy." I gladly helped him out. When you put immature/non-business senced KIDs... to deal with adults, unless there is some sort of fear/discipline or intimidation they will not take you seriously....thats my 2 cents...I buy most of my gear from TACKLE WAREHOUSE or DICKs or Walmart(dont laugh their fishing dept has Improved dramatically!)...and im happy..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: that stinks Reply with quote

i have been buying from bass pro shops FOREVER - never had a BIG problem and if i did i asked to speak to a supervisor - as with any retail store or on line this season they HIRE extra help! -- if you fell you did not get a fair sake i would call again and see if it can be rectofied! - i have had minor problems with all the sporting goods retail stuff - but they usuall came through!

and I NEVER - EVER place any order with out speaking with someone on the other end of the phone taking that order
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: