CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Animal ID Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Animal ID Help Reply with quote

I was just looking outside my back deck area with the rear lights on and saw an animal I've never seen or haven't seen much of.

Rear deck faces a dry woods area near a small brook where I get opossums, raccoons, and skunks. The animal I saw was of the same family. Had a tail more like a fox than a coon. Body slender like a skunk instead of chubby like a coon or opossum. Hair was mostly a charcoal black. Only areas of different color were head and tip of tail, which was white.

Help ID animal
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't get a great look at it, it definitely could have been a skunk. There are tons of them in my neighborhood and they have very diverse markings..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say a fisher cat but the white one the tip of the tail through me off.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that fisher cat was mentioned, the shape and size was similar to a fisher. Closer it looked larger than a skunk and from a short distance it looked like a small fox with dark gray coloring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: