CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Another Black Pond report - 7/6/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RD54

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Another Black Pond report - 7/6/14 Reply with quote

Quick outing with the woman boss. She agreed to go on the canoe while I fished. I had a 2 hour pass that I was able to stretch into 2 and a half hours.

At the launch by 3pm.
Fished the pads just West of the ramp. Started with my padcrasher and nothing was jumping....even tried the Dozer trick of the old blinking contest and left the frog in some of the puddles for 30 seconds. Threw the green senko and hooked my first of four fish. It was a little one; lets say two king sized snickers bars side by side. Moved down to the South side near the high cliff bank. I boated a cookie cutter one pounder, another small LMB and a small Pickerel, all on the same beat to shreds green senko. Told the GF that 5 fish makes for a good outing...that bought me the extra 30 minutes. The hits on the senko were very subtle and two times I thought I was weeded but then felt the faint tugs of the fish as I reeled them in with a big wad of weeds.

Wind was strong and it felt like constant boat wakes at times. Fun times. Off the water by five twenty. Water was 75 and clear to six feet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: