CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Any good spots to fish from Great River/Riverside Park?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Shark

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Any good spots to fish from Great River/Riverside Park? Reply with quote

Hello, I had gone to Great River Park today in East Hartford and Riverside Park in Hartford to fish, but unfortunately, I haven't caught a single fish from there. I used my new Ugly Stik rod with about 8 lb line and I tried some Gulp pearl white minnow for bait and some nightcrawlers. However nothing seemed to be biting today. There were only some baby fish that nibbled on the hook but that's about it.

Could it have been the rain today or that I just wasn't casting properly? I was able to toss my line out about 100 feet at max with my rod from the shore. I was planning on catching some bass.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next time would be greatly appreciated. Smile
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that area is hit or miss. You would have been better tossin sand worms this time of year for stripers. If you take the time to walk the shore with atrificials like you were using, i've gotten some smallmouths. if you're gonna dunk nightcrawlers, try takin the time to walk down river to where the Hockanum river comes in on the East Hartford side.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: