CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Any suggestions for Sunday?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyorice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Any suggestions for Sunday? Reply with quote

Looking for one last day on the ice. What lakes are still solid? Are any ATV worthy? Don't like to hear lots of cracking below my 270lb body!
Any info is appreciated!
fishin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading out shortly. I had asked last night if there was ice @ West Hill Pond, no reply on it though. I'm torn between trying there for trout, or going up to Winchester lake for bass / pike. I might just stop at Upcountry Sports on the way up and see what they say is solid and // or the better bite.
flyorice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I look forward to your report. And good luck!!
Although Grady at upcountry is a little noncommittal with his info:(
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishin, i think i remember seeing a guy say that last weekend there was 20inches of ice. Dont take my word for it though, the weathers been higher than normal so the ice can melt pretty fast. Be safe and have fun!
flyorice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, that was West Side Pond. Never been there? I don't think West Hill gets that kind of ice in a winter like this.
fishin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's the report.

Upcountry was out of Lg shiners, so be deduction it looks like I'm trout fishing. I went up to West Hill Pond - solid 13" of ice, about an inch or two of white on top and the rest black.

The end near the launch was a zoo, so I went about halfway up the lake. And wouldnt you know it, trout were biting! Fishing 3 ft down over 10-15 ft of water not far off shore, got 5 flags and landed 3 browns; one 16", one 17", one 14". All fat and healthy. Jigged all over the place too, didnt get even get a nibble on the jigs. This was all from about 12:15 (so 12:30 or so by the time I started fishing) to 4:30pm. Didnt even have to set my alarm!
flyorice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good day. Thanks for the update.
nicklovesPK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did great with the browns at west hill. and it sounds like everyone else did good. they real nice fish. very healthy. wish i could post piks i have. any help would be nice
flyorice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't easy! Michael sent me these directions: http://www.ctfishtalk.com/how-to-post-a-photo-in-your-message-thread-t9.html#.USxEHjDCmBo
fishin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

androux

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah, that was West Side, up in Goshen. About three years ago I was at West Hill the second weekend in March drilling over 2 feet of ice on a 50 degree day, so not impossible, but prolly not this year. I drove around on Tuesday sight-checking spots on bantam, no open water on the edges, and an ATV out in the north bay on Tues. It was snowing all day in Litchfield, and it isn't supposed to be really warm till the weekend, so ice should stay. I'm gonna try to get out this weekend, hit Highland if it's good, I'll try to scope Bantam this week and update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: