CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Anyone drive a Honda Ridgeline?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Anyone drive a Honda Ridgeline? Reply with quote

I know this is a shot in the dark because most of you guys have real trucks. Which I would rather have, but I can't justify a truck as a daily driver. I'm leaning towards a smaller SUV but saw the ridgeline as a little of both. I've heard good thing and online reviews but I haven't talked to anybody who actually owns one.

any thoughts?
Old standby push button
Justin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not drive/own one, but I do work for a vehicle leasing company, so I can tell you that it's just like any other Honda...a bit overpriced for what you get. The 06 and 07 models had stupid recalls for the carrier system and the fuel pump was faulty. But then again, what car out there doesn't have some issues?
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Hondas I know and drive (the wife's older accord) they are reliable and last. And lately their popularity drove their price up
Old standby push button
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishinIWasFishin wrote:
And lately their popularity drove their price up

I don't own a Honda but I know that everyone loves them for parts! Wink Very Happy
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend of mine has a ridgline and loves it. He is a sales guy and spends a lot of time on the road. He says it gets decent gas milage and he loves the features plus the quiet cabin.

He has a 15' Boston Whaler that he tows without a problem. He loves the cooler underneath the bed. he uses the cooler to take home stipers and blues when he catches fish.

I like the looks of the cockpit, it is pretty stylish and functional.His only complaint is that the bed is too short. He also has motocross bikes and can not fit his bike in the back but a trailer solved that problem.

The back seats have a lot of leg room even for bigger guys. The space in the rear seats is just like the space you would get in a SUV or Crew Cab pickup.

It is a great family car with a lot of utility IMO. Nice enough to take your wife out for a night on the town, yet is offers good utility for out door adventures. It is also a very safe vehicle which is important if you have kids.

You will probably get teased by your buddies with real pickups but you can laugh at them when you are getting much better gas milage. I think it is a cool ride and like the interior.

just my 2 cents.

Justin
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bass Addict, that was exactly the kind of response I was looking for. It seems that I fit in that category where I can't justify a full out pickup but I want most of the functionality.

Thanks again
Old standby push button
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: