CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: are there actually fish in black pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: are there actually fish in black pond Reply with quote

i've been to black pond off of the meriden line three times at least now and i haven't seen much action. the first time i went over summer i was there at 430 and caught two catfish on crawlers but they were not even close to brag about. the other day i went and caught two sunnies. there were at least 20 people fish that i spoke to as i walked around the pond and they all had the same luck. yesterday evening i went and caught a bass the size of a small perch. everyone says to use a boat there and its completely different. i'm just looking to hear feedback from people about this place and the luck they've had.
Paul-CT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there are fish in there..but fishing from shore is difficult...the pond is stocked with trout every year and that is the big draw...I have lived near the pond all my life and have seen several large bass taken..there are also some large pickerel and yellow perch in there. Its just a matter of putting your time in...A boat or canoe is a big plus...
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is its not worth the time. Ive logged 40+ hours there this year and have caughten/witnessed 3 fish over 2 lbs... I got a 2 15on a swimbait in the pads between the two ponds. and I picked up a 5 3 on a jig in the brushpiles to the first pond. I witnessed a 2 9 in the pads on a brushog in the back pads to the other pond.

Black pond is full of bucket fisherman- they pay no respect to the size limits and keep anything- the problem is 10x worse in the winter. The palce is fished out constantly. It is NOT a good lake.

Whats your idea of big fish paul? The few descent fish ive heard of from there have been spread out of years. Maybe one over 4 a year. The place just gets to much pressure and catch and keep. The fishing from shore/boat thing is wrong too. Either way it sucks 99percent of the time.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't fished it,..but I believe that there was a 9-lber (bass) that came out of it a year or two ago. There was a picture of it in the news papers!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
I haven't fished it,..but I believe that there was a 9-lber (bass) that came out of it a year or two ago. There was a picture of it in the news papers!

True, I believe that was last season.
Keith T

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it wasn't really caught there but in a Res.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fished that toilet a couple of years ago, big 0.
lots of traffic and the garbage on the bank tells me nick knows what he's talkin about
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith T wrote:
I heard it wasn't really caught there but in a Res.

Mannnn,..I hate it when I hear that a fisherman turns out to be a liar like that!! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: