CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: AW Stanley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatsleepfish

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: AW Stanley Reply with quote

Does anybody know if you can put a yak in AW Stanley in New Britain?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that someone who has been there would have replied to you by now.

I don't know for sure, but the 2014 Connecticut Angler's Guide does NOT indicate that there's any boating access at Stanley Quarter Pond. The pond is also NOT included in the 2014 Connecticut Boater's Guide. Lastly, I'm pretty sure that someone (aka Kira) once told me boats aren't allowed there.

I guess what I'm saying is that you should read all of the signs around the pond carefully BEFORE putting a boat on the water there. New Britain cops can be real sticklers for the rules, right Alan? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Stanley Quarter Park pond has been designated as a children's only fishing pond as of 2014. It's part of the Community Fishing Waters program. I've heard the college kids from Central come over and fish it but you probably should double check before dropping a line in. If it's a new regulation this year I would think they would be lenient and just warn folks for a while.
eatsleepfish

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for sure it's not strictly for kid fishing, I've fished there plenty of times and there are plenty of other adults always fishing there when I go. There is a no boat sign there, I just wasnt sure if that included yaks Wink The reason I ask is because I saw a canoe in there last year and I know I could be more successful being on the water rather than the shore

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpio wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Stanley Quarter Park pond has been designated as a children's only fishing pond as of 2014. It's part of the Community Fishing Waters program. I've heard the college kids from Central come over and fish it but you probably should double check before dropping a line in. If it's a new regulation this year I would think they would be lenient and just warn folks for a while.

You are correct on Stanley Quarter Park, however A. W. Stanley park is a different park and is not designated as children only.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I thought that someone who has been there would have replied to you by now.

I don't know for sure, but the 2014 Connecticut Angler's Guide does NOT indicate that there's any boating access at Stanley Quarter Pond. The pond is also NOT included in the 2014 Connecticut Boater's Guide. Lastly, I'm pretty sure that someone (aka Kira) once told me boats aren't allowed there.

I guess what I'm saying is that you should read all of the signs around the pond carefully BEFORE putting a boat on the water there. New Britain cops can be real sticklers for the rules, right Alan? Laughing

Yeah those darn cops are a pain in the rear end and their rules. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: