CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bad end to a promising day on Alexanders lake Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DickVanPike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gotta say im with Flipper on this.....Also, this is exactly i think what Metalfish was talking about when he was talking about leaving....
icetilt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow didn't think this was going to spawn so much debate. Mainly venting to a group of people and who would feel my pain as well as reminding everyone, that when you are fishing on a private body of water with permission from a land owner, make sure you have thier contact info on you or written permission, so that if something like this happens to you and the police end up being involved then you are in the right. You never know someone could be a real idiot and call the cops and never even say anything to you and next thing you known the cops show up. Thanks for the feedback and the lively debate. Very Happy
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi icetilt!

Alexander Lake I belive is not a private lake because it is listed in the Ct. Angler's Guide -> There was public access, but that is gone now.
Alexander is now surrounded by private property but the lake itself I belive is state owned.

As I have read -> There is a private access point that is supposedly open to the public in the SE corner.

I'm going to call DEP to get a clear status on Alexander and access.
I'll let you know what I find out!

SeaDog1
Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Alexander lake access Reply with quote

Ok after some digging I found an old thread on the other "CT" site. someone quoted "the guide to lakes and ponds states there is no public access to the lake but that small boats can launch via a private right of way. Can I launch a kayak via the private right of way? Are there any other restrictions? another member replied "Yes I launch my skeeter there. If there ever was a "thread the needle launch" this is it. I drove by it and didn't know it was the launch. It appears more like someones driveway than anything. You can park about 100yds up the street in a small parking area..." and this is located somewhere on the lake by the SE corner(i couldn't even tell you where it is) but that should be the legal way to get onto the lake. So when are we gonna have a HUGE CTFISHTALK group outing on alexander lake??? Very Happy we can set up in front of grumpy's house!!! Laughing
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave N.

Yes, I've read that old thread also a long time ago!
Still I'm going to call DEP about that access and see what the present status of it is.

If it is still usable -> I say YES! -> Lets get a CTFT ice fishing party together in front of old grumpy's hacienda! Very Happy

A perfect and legal way to achive justice, as long as we do it as sportsmen and not as a loud ruckus vigilante group Exclamation Very Happy

Dave you did some good research Very Happy

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks seadog1, we fishermen gotta stick together so we can continue to enjoy our passion for the outdoors. Standing by for for more info.... Smile
billybass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they had permission and it wasnt a cop or DEP
doing the yelling than for sure would have ingored or
maybe told him to get lost...I mean come on ..Its not like thier
burning a car out there......
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BB!

I posted the results of my inquiries made today -> under "Alexander Lake Update".

If you fish Alexander -> You must have a permission letter "On Your Person" from a resident of Killingly to be legal.

Verbal permission will not be recognized by any authority and you can be charged with Tresspass and illegal fishing!

That I got straight from DEP and the Ct. State Police that covers the Alexander Lake area.

I'm NOT defending the guy yelling, But, at the time the incident occured, icetilt only had verbal permission so technically he was Tresspassing and fishing illegaly.
The guy yelling (landowner) definetly could have handle things in a more gentlemanly manner than yelling!

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: