CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bald Eagle Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Bald Eagle Report Reply with quote

Site is getting boring so I figured I'd post something.

Fished the Housy today for about four hours. Caught three chunkers. One on a jig and two on the new Keitech Senko that just hit the market. If you haven't tried them yet invest in a package, Texas rig them and watch the action! But the highlight of the day is a cut and paste from my Facebook Page! This bird scared the bajeevers outa me.

___Fished the Housy today! Indian Well State Park. That fishery is really making a comeback. The highlight of the day was a Bald Eagle that scared the crap outa me. I was about 25 feet from shore. He was in a tree above me. I didn't even see him until he dropped a big fish into the water. I thought for a second that someone threw a boulder in the water until I looked up and those big talons, beak, eyes and white head were looking down at me. Absolutely awesome bird. Grabbed the cell phone and tried to grab a pict but the sun light messed it up. From now on I'm gonna keep the good digital with me.

It's absolutely fascinating that they are making such a comeback they're hunting the upper housy near Indian Head Rock.

Last edited by Wanna Fish on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to fishing! If you're having a tough day try small 1/4oz Jigs around structure. Black and Blue or Green Pumpkin! Have patience and be persistent. If At First You Don't Succeed Try, Try Again! The small Jigs have been Game "Day" Savers for me. But seriously try dragging the new Keitech Senkos over weeds Texas Rigged! You'll be surprised.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree, it is amazing how common they are becoming in the state, and there is noting like seeing them with a fish of some size in their talons!
BigEd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a video on my phone of a large mature eagle swooping down for a fish about 60 feet off my dock on Zoar 2 weeks ago. I can't figure out how to export it because it says the video is too large. We sat there for 10 mins watching him. Saw him fly up from the Stevenson dam and perch on the power line pole to check things out. There was some surface activity in the cove and I'm sure he saw that. I've been seeing them the past few weeks on occasion near the dam and in trees close by.
Cool stuff for sure, particularly since its not even winter when they seem more prevalent.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two weeks ago, while fishing Indian Well I found a Carp floating with a big chunk taken out of it. Rumors of a few big Pike being caught are circulating amongst the residents on the river. Now that I spotted the Eagle I think we found the culprit. The Carp that he's catching are big. I'd put them in the 5+ pound range. The one he dropped in front of me scared the heck outa me when it hit the water. I honestly thought someone was messing with my by throwing boulders in the water near the boat. LOL.

There is an Eagle Watch at the Shepaug Dam.

Upload your video to Youtube then cut and paste the link. That video would be awesome to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen 2 different bald eagles, 2 seperate trips out this month. Pretty amazing!

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
linesider21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen 2 different bald eagles, 2 seperate trips out this month. Pretty amazing!

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw one in fairfield late winter this year ... Never saw 1 before. couldnt believe the size of it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: