CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam 1/15/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Bantam 1/15/11 Reply with quote

Started fishing right after the sun rose, Fishing the south bay all day until about 3. there was about 10+ inches of black ice underneath the 1.5 feet of snow. The snow made i hard to move around, but we ended up catching a bunch of decent size perch, a few good sized pickeral and one 30 in pike. We also missed a lot.
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how was the parking lot, plowed?
Mike1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which parking lot? i park by the red building where the marina is in the summer. it was plowed very little
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i've never been to bantam but i want to check it out, anybody know wheres a good spot to park? i've heard folly point is a good spot to fish for pike, any public parking near there?
jeffch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persuader - There is plenty of parking near Point Folly Campground. People park here and fish both sides of Point Folly and there is access to fish the area by the Bantam River outlet from the lake. The south bay area of the lake is also very popular with parking at a small lot along side rt 209 or the old state boat launch area. Hope this helps. Also, bait is available at Cozy Hill Campground on Rt 202 in Bantam, just a couple minutes from the lake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: