CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam & Batterson with ChuckC 7/1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Bantam & Batterson with ChuckC 7/1 Reply with quote

Went fishing with ChuckC this morning,...he invited me up to Bantam to sit in the back of the boat and take his pictures while he caught a bunch of fish!! Laughing We got out on the water around 6 AM and for the first 30 minutes I don't think he made more than 2 casts in a row without catching a fish!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Here's some of his better ones!

We fished Bantam for an hour or two until the wind got stronger and stronger,...when the lake filled with white-caps,..we decided to pack it in and go somewhere a little more sheltered. We ended up at Batterson and fished there for the rest of the morning. We each caught a handful of fish there,... mostly small, but chuck let one go at the boat that looked easily 5-6#!! Nice fishing with you Chuck!! Cool

ps: Here's a pic from Sat of me and the pooch with a 4-lber from Cedar!! Very Happy

jon s

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet ill be at bantam again tuesday......time for piggies
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fishing with you again Mark. I thought we were going to kill them at Bantam the way the morning started but after the hurricane winds moved in it was hard to fish. Batterson was very slow and Mark and I missed a few bites that didn't help matters. Mad Still a nice day on the water. Very Happy
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job guys. Mark, that's a nice picture with the pooch. I see she hasn't dived into the water and made her way back to the launch yet. Very Happy
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Did you use your Skeeter on Batterson Park?

How was the ramp? I'm looking to go to Batterson on the 4th and I don't want to mess up my new baby. (Skeeter 180 X 115 Yamaha) For those who didn't know..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, You can launch your baby there. Just be aware that the place is electric motor only so I would think about bagging your prop so you have no problem with the DEP if one happens to show up there.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,.
We used Chuck's metal boat,...the launch at Batterson is definitely shallow and "ify" with pot holes. I would chance it with my boat, but I know that I would be getting my feet wet during the launch and the trailering. If you go,..just back in real, real slow and also be careful where you beach your boat because I saw a couple of bowling ball-sized rocks in the water next to the ramp!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Ron, You can launch your baby there. Just be aware that the place is electric motor only so I would think about bagging your prop so you have no problem with the DEP if one happens to show up there.

Quonnipaug is the same way regarding use of my big motor. I don't like to bag the prop, because I like to put the motor down and use it as a rudder when using the TM. I used to actually take the prop off,..but I've never had anyone question me in the years that I've been going, so I don't bother anymore. I usually just leave the boat ignition-key in my car now,..so that if the DEP is ever waiting for me at the ramp, I figure I can talk my way out of trouble with that!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never have pulled my prop before. You should be fine. The only thing is the launch like Mark said is VERY shallow and some big pot holes at the end of the launch. Wear shorts and sandals because you WILL be getting in the water to get your boat on and off the trailer.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice report... looks like you guys had a good day on the water... Very Happy

Just one more cast...
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish guys.better than we did.we got some pickeral,a perch,5 or 6 larges,1 smallie, nextlevel did get a really nice crappie 14 1/2 inches 1.48lbs.Other than that when that wind came on stronger and stronger we said bye bye and called it a day.Maybe this weekend!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark / Jim / ChuckC,

Thanks for the advice.. Let's see how it goes. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: