CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake 09/02
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Bantam Lake 09/02 Reply with quote

Phish and I decided to hit Bantam Lake again, before the town puts up a new "Residents Only" sign. We were the first to arrive at the launch, probably around 5:45 AM, and there weren't any new signs. Here's a photo I took when we were leaving the lake:

We stayed on the water until about 12:15 PM. Although the morning was beautiful when we arrived, by 9:30 AM, it began to get very hot and the sun began to blaze in the cloudless sky. In other words, we had my least favorite weather in which to fish. We fished all over the lake and threw everything but the kitchen sink (e.g., crankbaits, jigs, wacky Senkos, Texas-rigged works, drop shots, Spro frogs, buzzbaits, sweet beavers, spinnerbaits, etc.), but caught only 1 yellow perch, 2 white perch and 1 rock bass between us. Here are the spots that we fished:

On our way back to the ramp, we asked a couple of guys who were fishing off the rocky point on the E shore whether they had caught anything. They said that they had caught a 4-1/2 pounder by dragging cut bait along the bottom. Whether the fish they caught was a largemouth bass or a northern pike we don't know.

It was a frustrating day on the water. But it was a day on the water. However, the next rainy day can't come soon enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report as always, Phil. It was one of those discouraging days that I think we did a good job siticking with as long as we did. Deep, shallow, fast, slow - wherever we were, they must've been somewhere else. We both missed a chance here and there, but the bite was just off. Water temps were 75-80 and the clarity was pea green and 1 foot to 2.5 feet. Wind was non-existent until around 10:30 and was weak and out of the southeast when it blew. Our white perch came on lipless cranks for anyone that's out there targeting them.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know a tough day at the lake still beats a good day at work.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same weather as yesterday....waaaaay too hot. I hit Quonnipaug and caught a 7" frog (on a frog) @ 5 a.m. & a 7" bass on a worm at 5 p.m...both near the launch. I'm bringing nightcrawlers to Moodus tomorrow. Smile

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forecast for tomorrow morning looks perfect. . . . Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...except for the wind. You always know when it says 15mph on a forecast you're gonna get blown around a bit.
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantam is tough apparently, i thought it was gonna be pike heaven and was gonna be hookin up every couple of casts, it definately wasnt......ill be back though to get me some. The campgrounds looked nice I may have to do a camping weekend on the lake and make it my bitch....
On twenty-pound test "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: