CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: bantam lake 10/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: bantam lake 10/2 Reply with quote

hit bantam lake today.wow the water got so high the ramp and surrounding are totally submerged. thought it was gonna rain so i got on the water later than usual. got on the water at 1. fished the shore and then the wind started to pick up so i went to the middle bay to throw my deep rapalas but i didnt catch anything. moved to the north bay and got some nibbles on my senko. i moved back to the south bay and fished the danger sign because thats usually a hot spot for people. i wasnt catching anything so i put on a fat albert grub on my weighted and weedless hook. 2nd throw and i hooked something. the rod tip was bending and something was fighting so my initial thought was that i had a 6 lb lgm bass on my line. brought it to the boat and it was a 21 inch pike. still pissed at my dad for forgetting to save the picture on his phone because i forgot to take the camera. it had such nice colors it was insane. fished around the launch for 10 minutes and then got off the water at 4:00 pm
Flipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That weedbed always holds pike. Where did you guys launch from? Folly point, or the "Residents Only" Rolling Eyes launch?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the residents only launch. if you ever drive by there, check it out. it might be lower now but it was about 10 feet farther than the sign where they post the weeds and fish sizes you can keep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: