CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake 7/3/2013
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Bantam Lake 7/3/2013 Reply with quote

Flip I gave it a hard honest try today. I wouldn't mind getten together with ya and learning the proper fliping technique.

Fished Bantam Lake today. With the Skeets Trolling Motor in for repairs we headed out on Johns Tracker. On the water by 8:30am. Cloudy and Overcast. Slight wind. Slightly choppy water. Started across from the State Launch near the old State Launch. The weed killer worked. Weeds are sparce with patches of Lilly Pads here and there. Some of the bass caught today had Black Blotches on them and not one Pickeral or Pike between either of us.

Top Water's just not gonna do it. "So I Start Jiggen." For about two hours. Notta, Nothing, Just not happen'en Sorry Flip! Jigs just would not work today. I flipped Pads, Walls, Flats, Docks and Humps.

John hooks into a nice 3+ pound'er. Fighting like a son of a gun but spits the hook after a few jumps and he loses it about 10 feet from the boat.

Nothing for about two hours so I switch to the ever faithful Green Pumpkin Black Flake Whacky Rig. First fish on. A nice healthy who knows how much it weighed. Didn't care. Fought like a son of a gun.

Caught about eight more and ended with this one. I had a total of five and John 3. Not our best day but trying new techniques (Flippen Jigs) and just practicing made it a great day with a good friend.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Carl, I'm glad that you found some fish. I've had some tough days at Bantam Lake. Do you know what the water temperature was?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water temps averaged 74degs most of the day. Didn't vary much at all. Next time you go to Bantam let me know. I'll point out some spots to fish for ya. I should have mentioned above that all the fish we caught were caught on West Side Shores.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish,,Pm sent
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of nice fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: