CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake Largemouth Bass .. How Many Pounds? GO!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTDaveLamson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Bantam Lake Largemouth Bass .. How Many Pounds? GO! Reply with quote

I just recently caught this largemouth bass this summer but didn't get the chance to weigh it. I caught it on a fire tiger spinner bait in my kayak. I also caught my first Northern pike that day! Exciting stuff.. I want the fishing professionals on here to tell me how many pounds this is.. GO! Check out my YouTube videos for more exciting fishing updates.

https://youtu.be/BNBvf1tLRGI

Still getting used to posting on this website again.. it has been a while.

All the best - David Lamson
CTDaveLamson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Any estimations? Reply with quote

Does anyone know how big this is?
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general rule of thumb, Connecticut largemouth bass hit one pound at 14 inches in length and gain one pound for each additional two inches in length. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule. The fish in my avatar was only 21 inches long, so I would normally have expected her to weigh about 4-1/2 pounds. However, she was a real chunk and weighed six pounds, six ounces.

Do you have any idea about the length of your fish? It's really hard to tell from a photo. If I had to guess, I'd say 19 inches long and, since it appears to be fairly chunky, about four pounds.

Now, go get a Hawg Trough and a digital scale!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion
CTDaveLamson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Anybody know how big this fish is? Reply with quote

Anybody know how big this fish is?
CTDaveLamson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Share your fishing knowledge! Reply with quote

Just getting people to express their fishing knowledge
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Share your fishing knowledge! Reply with quote

CTDaveLamson wrote:
Just getting people to express their fishing knowledge

since you kept the fish, why didn't you go weigh it in somewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: I did not keep the fish Reply with quote

Hey Crest Daddy, I did not keep the fish! I kayaked it to the boat launch and released it!
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen anybody actually take a pic of a fish in the front seat of their car before.
Stripper Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to release a fish you should try to get it back in the water as fast as possible. Snap a quick picture, get your measurements real fast and pass some water through its gills and let it swim off. Kayaking to your car and sitting in the front seat just for a picture seems like an awful long time to stress a fish your going to put back. Maybe it is just me but I try to get them back in as soon as possible. Nice catch though
CTDaveLamson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, this is the first time I've done this. My Go Pro died in my kayak.. I had to paddle all the way to the boat launch. This is the biggest bass that I have landed! Thanks for the tips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: