CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake Open Team Tournament May 26 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spencer,,Absolutely,,as long as your boat is tournament ready,, no problem,,would love to have you guys,,,Jim
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Hi Spencer,,Absolutely,,as long as your boat is tournament ready,, no problem,,would love to have you guys,,,Jim

By "tournament ready", Spencer, Jim means that you need a livewell that could keep five fish alive until the weigh-in. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer,, I should just ask you,,what kind of boat do you have ?
hila2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil, sorry to hear your busy. I might need a partner myself. I'm definitely doing it either way, can't wait. Starting on getting the rig ready this weekend.
Sweeeeet.
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only (15) but would love to fish as a co angler in this tourney and trust me guys i am not an amateur when it comes to bass fishing I have 6 setups and a crap load of tackle not cheap either! PLEASE I WANT TO PULL THE UPSET ON THE BIG BOYS!
x182dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to say anything definite but I think I'm in for this tournament but I cant say for sure just yet.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim,..
Although I always loved fishing that lake,..if the launch area is still the same as it was in the old days (before they closed it to the public), trying to get everyone back to a weigh in , in that parking lot, was a nightmare on a holiday weekend because of all the pleasure-boat idiots jamming up the ramp area at that time of day!
So this is just a suggestion that you can take it or leave it,..but what I did for one Bantam tourney where we were also weighing in a bag with a handheld scale,..was to rendezvous all the boats at the end of the day, off shore, and have the weigh-in while out on the water! It worked out quite well and was better for the fish to boot!
Anyway,..have fun and good luck to all!
Regards,
Mark
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
...if the launch area is still the same as it was in the old days (before they closed it to the public), trying to get everyone back to a weigh in , in that parking lot, was a nightmare on a holiday weekend because of all the pleasure-boat idiots jamming up the ramp area at that time of day!

Last year, the State bought Beverly's to use as the new Bantam Lake State Boat Launch & Marina, so you no longer have to use the Town of Morris Boat Launch:

I'm sure that it'll still be a nightmare during Memorial Day weekend, though. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun, the new ramp is plenty big even for a busy day,,it is what it is,,I have done and seen much worse,,this is only a 10 boat tourny,,
x182dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen both the old morris lot and the new launch at Beverly's filled. With that being said I'm sure with teh early launch time there won't be a problem but I can bet later on in the day the lot will be filled.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to a 75 to 100 boat tournament on a weekend plus pleasure boaters,,Heck this is nothing,, If you dont like it dont fish it,,I frankly dont give a hoot
bass tracker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Tournament Reply with quote

Hey if there is still room for another boat I would like to join the Memorial Day tourney.

BT
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Tracker,,,,Absolutely
bass tracker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Bantam Reply with quote

Thanks Flippy. I mentioned this tourney to my son and he said he and a friend would be interested in fishing it too if there is room for another boat.

BT
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, Jim. It appears you intentionally double-booked this tourney on the same day as the annual Bantam Lake Sparkliest Rhinestone Thong Competition. You and your hidden agendas.

Regardless, please put me down as an available co-angler.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: