CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Bantam Lake Reply with quote

Has any been on Bantam since they closed the launch? Is there another way to get on?
djmon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"the ramp at White Memorial Foundation located on North Shore Road is open to the general public. There is however an $8 launch fee, and there is parking for 10-15 vehicles"

this is off one of the convo's on the ct bass forum about this issue.

hope this helps abit
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Dan
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you happen to know what time they open?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11am till 5pm (j/k Laughing )

Justin
Stratos17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped to talk with the worker in the store. I asked about the rates and hours. They are open until 5pm during the week and 7pm on the weekends.
They use the honor system when the store is closed. There is no slot or bucket to put cash in. Not sure how that works. He didnt seem as if it would be a problem. They have more trouble with the campground and that seemed to be their focus. I asked about pre paying, they dont want to be bothered. I am sure that it is policed somehow. The ramp is steep and the launch is pretty shallow. I wouldnt launch a big boat there without 4 wheel drive, or a vehicle with a lot of sack. Maybe tough to put a 20 ft bass boat in there. I launched my old boat there a few years back..pretty rough but definately doable. Pretty close to the same challenge as Bashan with a strong wind.
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Marty! I know a lot of the guys that fish there are looking for an in! Good work!
luck38

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Launch Reply with quote

You can take your chances and launch at the old state launch and then park your trailer at Sandy Beach for $5, which is just up the road from the launch. Of course you would need two people and you would pick up your buddy at Sandy beach. My next door neighbor's son runs Sandy Beach and he said this has been the norm since they closed it. He said they rarely if ever have anyone stationed at the launch rather they do drive bys looking for the town dump stick on the window of vehicles that are parked in the launch parking lot. I have a membership at Sandy beach and have been there just about every weekend with the kids - i always drive through the launch lot and have yet to see anyone actually stationed there.

Paul
Rit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: boat launch Reply with quote

A lot of folks do not know that there is a hidden launch on North Shore Road. If you travel from Route 209 past the White memorial store and the camp ground, and a small bridge over the outlet river, there is a Litchfield town beach. Turn right on the 'slightly paved' road.
I have not used it in a few years, but it was free and there was some parking.
Rit
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That launch is for Litchfield town residents only I already checked. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: