CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Bantam Tourney Results 8-3-08 UPDATED 8-6-08 w/pics Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Bantam Tourney Results 8-3-08 UPDATED 8-6-08 w/pics Reply with quote

RESULTS

1st NX 882 BASS / toptech 25.22lbs 5.91 LUNKER

2nd Chuck C / Ryan G. 19.27lbs

3. Flippy / Henry 16.21lbs

4. Next level / Senko Bandit 13.21lbs

4. Hoppy/partner 13.21lbs

5. Jeff A. / Sue 6.12lbs

6. luck38 / Mike 2.00lbs

7. Zorro / Nickp 1.56lbs

Thanks to everyone that came.

NX 882 & Toptechs winning bag

Nextlevel & SenkoBandit

BassRebel

[/img]

Last edited by chuckc on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:19 am; edited 3 times in total
hoppy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man what a day. my eye lids feel like paper wights and my eyes burn!!!!

since we only had a trollling motor to work with we stuck it out in south bay ALL DAY!!!! we had three pretty quick fish and thought we were onto something. we were wrong. 4 hours later without a bite we were abit discouraged. we pulled an Iconelli.........."never give up". we boated another four fish in the last hour or so with 2 of those coming in the last 20 minutes.
including what would have been our #8 fish that came unbuttoned on me. wouldnt have made a differance as it wasnt a the 3lber we needed to put us in the top 3. ohwell crap happens. we did well considering what we were dealt.
did i mention not having a big motor all day sucks?! man did i want to move north but we just couldnt. would have taken HOURS facing that strong wind coming don the lake. i got my fish on a brushog and ozmo and my partner got his on a wacky rigged worm. no real "pattern" as all our fish came from "here and there". not much doing in the pads for us. fish just seemed to be scattered. few from shre and a few off shore. we had 12 bites all day with 7 of those resulting in keepers. a few runts and a few rockbass thrown in.
they need to do something with the ramp there. i couldnt pull out until almost 3:00. nice seeing some of you guys i do know. sorry to those i dont and didnt introduce mnyself. by wieght in we were both zombies. i was up at 1:30 am for this T...............all to catch a few 12" fish. LOL bass fisherman are insane!!!!

nice work to the top finishers. some nice bags brought in today.
where were all the smallies???!!!! only one came to the scale today correct??
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 or 8 fish?
Zorro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Skeeter wrote:
5 or 8 fish?

8 fish
Thanks alot chuck for putting this one on.
hoppy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes thanks chuck for putting this on. this was my buddies first tournament and he is now hooked.

i will be looking into one for congamond. i will let you know.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job guys, looks like most had a decent day, congrats to the winners.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun day as usual fishing with eveyone. Cant wait till the next one.
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys what a great day, Chuck what a great tourny, had fun! NX882 and Toptech VERY IMPRESSIVE. HATS OFF TO YOU! Chuck,you had a great bag also nice job. It was also very nice to meet you guys, LETS DO IT AGAIN
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks,i had alot of fun, chunk thanks for running it,i cant wait for the next one maybe c-mond im up for that Very Happy
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bags,it must have been a fun day.Care to enlighten us on your catches? Depth,cover etc..not spots.
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny, I tried topwater first thing, nothing. We caught small smallies on a dropshot in about 4 to 6 feet, then about 12 noon, I start flippin in 1 foot of water and less and start catching some quality fish, I was flippin with a 1/2 ounce weight and a brush hog, wish I had more time but thats the way the cookie crumbles
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys listen to this one that happened on Bantam,I was flippin lilies when bonk bonk I feel this fish, I set the hook and hear a pop, I drop to my knees holding my pole and my partners grabbing the line to bring it in, and he did. I was in so much pain after that, anyway Monday I was on advil all day and today I went to see my doctor and he told me I had possibly torn a ligament in my elbow and I should get it looked at further, WHAT,I thought fishing was supposed to be relaxing, and hear I go tearing ligaments, so people that say fishing is not a physical sport ,BULL! Never mind my carpotunnel.I think they should put fishing in the OLYMPICS, This freakin hurts,
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that sucks!!!! thats y i lift weights!!! it was a big help when i hooked the 5.9 largemouth Shocked
toptech

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy thats rough....good luck with everything...torn ligiments suck. I have been there. Not from fishing but from snowboarding.
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had 3 deffinates all day. I lost a 4 in the pads on a brushhog at like 10 30 after they had been pounded to a pulp. Ant lost a 2-2.5 off a dock that somehow didnt get hooked in the first hour. No topwater whatsoever, got my only keeper off an EMPTY boat cradle...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: