CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Bass-Frog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erikmon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Bass-Frog Reply with quote

Hi yall just wondering if anyone has used this Bass-frog. If you look at the youtube videos it looks like the most realistic frog out there. I've liked ribbits but these are crazy looking. The problem is they are like 50$ but you can get the shitty one for 10$.
Wondering if its worth it to get the more expensive one. Is it more durable or just painted a lil better.

Www.Bass-frog.com

I cant wait to try them on small lakes that in mid summer are too weedy or lilly pads galour that u cant fish them, now i can cuz its so weedless.

Last edited by Erikmon on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 Laughing
FishingChef

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought 2 of these and am anxious to try them. Two notable things are that the legs (replaceable) spring forward after you twitch the bait so it looks like they will have a very realistic action. The other thing is that the hook is passed through the eye of the frog, not under the belly and over the back. I suspect this will give it a higher percentage of hook-ups. I'll report back once the darn ice melts around here. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention cost. Daubert makes different models at different prices. I paid $9.99 each from Hook1.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw these about 3 yrs ago..they looked amazing..but each frog was a custom, hand made, individually painted(ripoff) ==> 50 BUCKS a FROG Crying or Very sad

Since then they have been CHINA-fied i mean, "mass produced" hence the 9.99 price tag..they sell them on TACKLEWAREHOUSE.....

i love ZOOM hornytoads/ZOOM frog Hook = Killer in any salad/muck/weeds/SLOP..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of the cheap ones for 10 beans ans ill let u know how it works. I figure i go for pike at least once a week on the matty but can these things take a mouf full o teeth?
Btw they do make a 35$ one that seems like the way to go.

I do love me some stanley ribbit but sometimes if u dont use rhe double hook and just a single EWG and you dont put it on exactly straight it wont swim right. I feel the way the hook is pulling the bait rather than pushing it the hooks provided could be great to apply to all kinds of soft bait like lake forks.
Megaman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree a double frog hook (ie.stanley ribbit hook) is more stable and likey to hold fish better...The detail on the Daubert frog is AMAZING....let me know what ya get on the Mattab. cuz all i get is a SKUNK there...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemme know how it works out for ya man, i've really been wanting to try purchasing and fishing some frogs but i dont know much about them (brands, styles, etc.) is there much of a difference from the ones that already come rigged with hooks in them to the ones that you rig and hook yourself?
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That website is not working right now, are you guys talking about the Dahlberg diver?

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Erikmon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yooo this frog is legit even sunnies be chaseing it. Cant wait till frogs are actually out of there winter slumber to use it.
Www.bass-frog.com.
U can buy them on taklewarehouse too for 8

And jesse c ive noticed that ribbits, my previous favorite work great but are incredibly hard to hook true so the bait doent twist and look awfull.
Overstockbait now has pre rigged ribbits for real cheap and will glide str8 as an arrow on top of thw water. Def needs a leader if ur goin for pike my boys n me lost a lot of ribbits before we used leaders.
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50$?!?!?!?!?!?!? Shocked Shocked Shocked thats why i use real frogs, theyre free and ARE real
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get some nice ones for $5 - $12 depending on brand and size

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dalberg frog is way for realistic in how it swims, but people complain about the hook up ratio. Captin Ken's frogs I have heard mostly good things about them even on the shitty one. I've been wanting to buy one and give it a shot against my dalberg frog. They are both good ideas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: