CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson 5/28/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Batterson 5/28/10 Reply with quote

I met up with SkeeterRon from about 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m-ish. I hadn't fished for 11 days due to back pain (all better now) but I was very grateful to be afloat without having to risk re-injuring my back. Nice sunny and calm day. The TwinTroller is pretty sweet. When you hook into a tree, you can go straight to it without worrying about raising/tilting the trolling motor. We covered most of the perimeter clockwise, saw a few "decent" cruisers...the bites were pretty light, although something with teeth sliced one of my creature baits in half. I got the typical rock bass and 8-inch largemouth combo:

Ron did a bit better:

I saw what must have been a carp on the right side (looking out from the launch.) I'm assuming it was a carp just due to its enormous size...just saw a 2ft shadow under the water zip by...it swam faster than all the lazy carp I've ever seen in my life.

Dropped my Droid in the water and killed it, so if anyone's been calling/texting me, I haven't received any messages since 5/28.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DV

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report I still need to check that place out, looks perfect for small boats. That twintroller looks pretty awesome as well.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were you throwing? Last Thursday, the bass were still feeding lazy.

I'm going to check out West Hill Pond in the morning tomorrow. It's 260+ acres, so ditto on the TwinTroller. I think I'm going to wish for a motor or two after a few hours of paddling. I'm already thinking of getting a Hobie with the pedal drive. I'm not a big lake guy who needs a bass boat, at least I think I'm not! In the meantime, if anyone wants to do a little paddling tomorrow. . . .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
What were you throwing? Last Thursday, the bass were still feeding lazy.

I'm going to check out West Hill Pond in the morning tomorrow. It's 260+ acres, so ditto on the TwinTroller. I think I'm going to wish for a motor or two after a few hours of paddling. I'm already thinking of getting a Hobie with the pedal drive. I'm not a big lake guy who needs a bass boat, at least I think I'm not! In the meantime, if anyone wants to do a little paddling tomorrow. . . .

Finesse worms and creature baits on the left side, then I switched to a garlic-scented frog while Ron caught fish on the right.

I'll be free tomorrow afternoon. I'm not paddling, but that's basically my speed anyway. Don't think I'll be driving too far though...it's going to cost $279 for a "factory-reconditioned pre-owned Droid." Ugh. I learned my lesson. Crying or Very sad

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DV

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check ebay I sold my almost new G1 for $230 awile back.
pdcrack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira put your phone in a bag of rice and let it sit for a day or two. Its not the water that damages the phone, but the moisture that creates corrosion. I have saved many phones from death using the good ol rice trick. The rice absorbs the moisture similar to silica gel packets in boxes of new sneakers.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya as PDcrack said try the rice trick. The main thing is that you can not turn your phone on because you will cause a short and fry everything within the phone. Take the battery out and put your phone along with the battery on top of your water heater. Wait about a week until everything is dry and then out the battery in and turn it on. My digital camera fell in the drink at West Hill a few years ago, and had water underneath the screen. I took the battery pack out, did everything above and within a week it was back to normal still use it today. Also have done that many times with my razors from motorola. A quicker way is just to put it next to the blower in your truck and blast the heat.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the advice. I tried the rice (brown, if that matters) and kept the ceiling fan circulating over it for 3 days, but I suspect it was too late at that point. It fell out of my vest pocket, slid down the ramp, and was stopped by the boat at a 45 degree angle. The screen was already on when I picked it up. I wiped the case dry and put in in my pocket, thinking nothing of it. It only got slightly wet I thought, and I had it out of the water in about a second. I've also had phones survive full submersions, so this basically proves that insurance coverage directly correlates to life of phone.

(Or there's a self-launching "Sponge" app.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: