CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Again
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heavyweight80

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Batterson Again Reply with quote

I was at New Britain Bait Shop this past weekend(yeah he was actually open) and was looking at pics of fish people had caught. Now I always heard rumors of pike coming out of Batterson then I saw a pic of a 38" beast some guy pulled out of there last Oct. Pretty impressive. Seems like illegal dumping to me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 38" what exactly....
heavyweight80

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pike that is.Was typing fast probably skipped right over the word...ha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy, The New Britain Bait Shop is a joke it was not to bad when his mother and father used to run it. They ran it like a business.I lived in NB my whole life.
There used to be one in NB years ago that was great, but as everything all good thing must come to an end. I myself just go to Bristol to get bait (Lee's Hardware) always open always have bait. As far as pike in batterson it was put there for sure. A lot of people have tried to introduce new types of fish there for years.
heavyweight80

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he is a joke. He really is the closest bait shop around and should be making a killing. The guy is a drunk,but like I said I caught him while he was open which was amazing. Anyway,it's all the more reason for me to maybe start concentrating more on Batterson. Especially now I have a little boat to get out there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! you guys kill me all anybody does is bash people. the new britian bait shop is a joke ,the guys a drunk. all of a sudden the site is full of perfect people? you guys need to stop the bashing you dont do this site any good. i live in tolland,its good to know theres a bait shop in hard hittn new britian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the guy,but it's the truth. My in-laws know the family who runs(ran) it. IT gets frustrating every time you go there he's either closed,sleeping off a hangover,annihilated or there's a sign that says "back in 15". What I was saying in the previous post was that if he ran it like a business,he'd make a killing there considering it's one of the only ones around.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should check out the Connecticut Outfitters Tackle shop in Wethersfield on the silas dean highway. They used to be in Hartford on Wethersfield Ave. I believe. Now they are in a much better area, even though it's just down the road a couple of miles.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chumley wrote:
wow! you guys kill me all anybody does is bash people. the new britian bait shop is a joke ,the guys a drunk. all of a sudden the site is full of perfect people? you guys need to stop the bashing you dont do this site any good. i live in tolland,its good to know theres a bait shop in hard hittn new britian

How is the Truth bashing? Bashing is more when you make up stories about people. As far as anyone being perfect. Speaking for myself only, to call someone perfect without knowing the is a form of bashing. I'm ok with my short comings!
ved13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
You guys should check out the Connecticut Outfitters Tackle shop in Wethersfield on the silas dean highway. They used to be in Hartford on Wethersfield Ave. I believe. Now they are in a much better area, even though it's just down the road a couple of miles.

nice little shop there, i picked up some bait and tackle there the other day. nice little selection of rods and reels too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: