CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 06/04 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see the DEP report for bass fishing. They said fishing was good-fair at Battersons hahahaha, I have never once seen it labeled in a dep fishing report. I myself talked to the dep twice there, I am now starting to see how they get that info for the reports. Not to say that they used my info but when I did speak to them I said I had 1 fish in say 4 hours, but it is nice to figure out how they get their info for reports.

And Peco that photo you showed me might have been a white perch, they have a more pronounced back thank a walleye. They can sometimes be pretty feisty at night, I had no idea Battersons had white perch. WP tend to have greenish or yellowish tinge on them depending on the water body they are from.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustinB wrote:
Yes, vertical fishing will work just fine. some of the most productive spots on mille lacs are some mud flats about 18 feet deep. if your going to try the 18 foot area on batterson, walk out about 16 and a 1/2 feet of line and put on a bobber stopper ( can be bought at cabela's http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0000025110765a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=bobber+stop&Ntk=Products&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1 ) and then a sliding bobber, then tie on your jig head. Or, you could save yourself the work and just jig it. Now, as for where i would suggest fishing for walleye based on the topo map, i would try the 18 foot flats with the jigs, troll the bait rigs along the very steep contours near T6 on the map, and try both methods around that hole or submerged island towards the middle. As for the different looking walleye's . you could be seeing 2 different fish. A walley and a Sauger. they look ver similar , but to identify a walleye look at the bottom of its tail for a white tip. here's a pictue of them http://gf.state.wy.us/fishexam/Images/walleye_sauger_comparison.jpg .

You can use waxed dental floss as a bobber stop. Tie it fairly tight and trim the ends to about 1/8" and you should be able to move it along your line to where you want without worrying about it slipping off.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea, Kira. I might use a rubber bobber stop and waxed dental floss.

I plan to stop by Cabela's tomorrow and pick up, among other things, some more rubber bobber stops. I use them to hold the bullet weight on Texas rigs, which also makes the rigs more weedless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: