CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 06/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond 06/18 Reply with quote

I was thinking about how I'm going to miss the Hell's Angler's night tourney at Candlewood on July 1, so I decided to fish Batterson Park Pond in the evening for walleye. I arranged to meet Fishface (aka Tim) out there after 7:00 pm. My inlaws are over at my house, so I went to Dick's with my father-in-law to get him a CT fishing license and pick up an orange Future Beach Trophy 126 fishing kayak. We got to Batterson and on the water at 7:30 pm. Tim was already out there. My father-in-law paddled the new Trophy 126 and I pedaled The Other Woman (i.e., my Hobie Pro Angler). There was a slight west breeze, and the air was still warm and humid. The water temperature was 74 degrees. We trolled silver shallow shad Rapalas, SSR-5s and SSR-7s, and by the time that I caught up with Tim near the east shore, I got a hit and landed a small white perch:

We stayed out on the water until about 9:45 pm, when my father-in-law could no longer stand the pain in his a$$ that was caused the the Trophy 126's lousy seat. A seat upgrade is definitely in her future. I ended up boating three white perch and my father-in-law boated two. Tim stayed on the water after we left, but I know that he got at least one white perch and a 12 inch walleye.

If you plan to hit Batterson after dark, don't forget to douse yourself with 1000 percent DEET before you go. The mosquitos there are ferocious. On the other hand, it was much less weedy than I thought that it would be. Trolling the Rapalas was a breeze.

Last edited by PECo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!

Just one more cast...
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! I just knew you were gonna get that orange kayak Wink
slim2043

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report! PECo can you post a pic of the orange one? I got the green one about 3-4 weeks ago during Dick's "BIGGEST BOAT SALE OF THE YEAR". If I only knew they had the orange one I would've been all over it... but I already modded mine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trophy 126 is by far the most popular kind of fishing kayak that I see on the waters around here. Fortunately, I got mine before Dick's raised the price from $299.98 to $499.99 again. I saw a kid in a gray one up at West Branch Reservoir. It looked like a light blue/gray to me. Mine is a slightly burnt shade of orange:

Hopefully, I'll have a photo with me or someone else holding up a fish in it soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks sharp! I got the olive green one at the same price. It has seen the water 3 times and has yet to see a fish (well except for the one at the boat launch but I'm not counting that because I wasn't in it)! I find the boat is a bit slower than I am used to but it tracks well and is great for fishing... and at $299 you can't beat the price.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to have to practice standing up in her:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's impressive! I'll practice that on dry land first I think Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Kayak is straight badass Phil. I love my green but your orange rules. I think of mine as more of a watermelon senko green though.

Tomorrow my friend, the race of kayaks is on.

Phil and I will post results. Keep your fingers crossed. He is older.

And I'm giving him say, no notice.

Until I see him in like 6 hours to fish.

Haha

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
That Kayak is straight badass Phil. I love my green but your orange rules. I think of mine as more of a watermelon senko green though.

Tomorrow my friend, the race of kayaks is on.

Phil and I will post results. Keep your fingers crossed. He is older.

And I'm giving him say, no notice.

Until I see him in like 6 hours to fish.

Haha

http://youtu.be/I68EXW1PojA

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, Daryl the Younger had a bad back and I had to lift his kayak onto the roof of my car. He also had to use two cushions to support his delicate back, even though he's already upgraded the horribly unsupportive seat with which the Trophy 126 comes. I did okay with my as yet unmodified seat. Surprised

Oh, and I outfished him, too. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: