CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Pond 8/13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishface

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Batterson Pond 8/13 Reply with quote

Hey all Went out from 7:30pm to 11:30pm. The pond was like glass, the moon was full but dark from the cloud cover. I headed to the Weedy spots for some frog action, after many cast and no success a bunch of missses, I deceided to troll a few laps. So I tied on a SSR-5 & SSR-7 may favs. Also with no success. So i went back to the weeds tried frogs again with no fish. I was floating thinking what the next step was to be, and I heard some splasing close but could not see it. I paddled to where i thought i heard it and saw some splashes. I was not sure if they were White Perch or Bait Fish since I have not caguht anything yet I figured I woult tie on the SSR-5 Minnow Pattern I aed one cast and about the third crank the lure got hammered. I knew it was not a WP. It was a 23" 3lb-6oz. Walleye I was stoked, it's funny that I caught 15"-17" Walleye and there not much on the fight, but this one we went at it for 5 minutes or so. It pulled the Kayak around pretty good, and as fast as the bait fish were getting messed with, they were gone. Sorry I have not posted fro a while been fishing with my daughter a lot, she got her first fish of her life a few weeks ago a 14" LMB she was eststic as was I. At 7 she is a champ at casting one of my 6'6" poles.

Tim

PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, did you try it? It's MY favorite fish for eating.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Tim! Didn't know there were any solid keepers in there.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Great looking fish!
MarkO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks like the eyes finally grew up...great catch!!! And good for you for getting your daughter out and to her for catching a nice bass.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkO - I've seen an even bigger walleye come out of Batterson. Last year, I met Dick (aka The Pike Guy) there and he had a nice keeper walleye on a stringer next to his jon boat. It was more brown and gold than Tim's walleye, and was at least 27 inches long. There are more than one species of walleye in Batterson and some are definitely keepers. The next time that I head out there for walleye, I'm gong to try trolling a larger Rapala like an Original Floater F09 or a Shallow Shad Rap SSR09.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Phil did not try it. Tammy, Alana & Jordan loved it. I saw one of my friends from N.B. yesterday & he was down there 2 months ago or so. The DEP were down there shocking fish. He was told that there were a couple of 9lb+ that came up. Thats all the info they gave him they would not tell him how deep or where they were located.
slim2043

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Walleye! I've yet to get a keeper out of Batterson but its great to know they are in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: