CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: BE HONEST....EVER HAPPEN TO YOU?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: BE HONEST....EVER HAPPEN TO YOU? Reply with quote

Put the boat in this morning and was pushing it off the ramp when I noticed fish breaking not 50 yards away. I didn't want to start the ob so I used my boat pole to get a little closer; RESULT...3 casts (on a buzzbait of course) 3 bass; nothing bigger than a pound or so but I thought this was going to be a great morning; after a couple more casts with nothing I fired up the ob and headed to the other end of the lake. RESULT 3 hours later 2 smb smaller than the ones at the ramp. Said to myself YOU DUMMY. Ever happen to you? cmorjoe
Justin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had days where I've continued to chase the surface breaks and never had any luck catching anything. I've also had the days where you start off with a big one, and then nothing for a very long time (or even the rest of the day). My personal favorite is when you just can't get them in the boat. You're doing the right things in the right areas and getting strikes, but something always happens...like the fish never being hooked and is just holding the bait until it comes up to the boat, the fish throwing the hook, or the line breaking.

Whichever way you slice it, it SUCKS.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been some days where I was pretty sure that I could hear the bass snickerring at me! Razz Wink
Justin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ya wish you could throw a stick of dynamite in the water, or just hook some cables up to your batteries and shock the hell out of em?
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when I loose fish in the lillies. I lost 4 good size fish this year cause they got so tangled in the lillies that they came off the hook. Dam them.

Justin
chumley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this past weekend fished a tourny with a friend and his club up at lake mcdonuugh,we were down near the damn, smallies were breaking water left and right but would not hit we threw every thing we had the only thing they would chase were tubes they would not bite arrrrrrrrggggggg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, when the smallies are doing that try throwing a 1/8 ounce hair jig tipped with a small trailer or grub, what they are doing is feeding on nymphs, I was in a tourny and the smallies were doing that and this guy told me that and started catching smallies on almost every cast, give it a try
chumley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy ill give that a try, they were comin up from 17 fow [the larger fish] and the shorts were breaking water

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt believe it when he showed me that, then it made sense,and if you watch the surface you will or should see little breaks from the nymphs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: