CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Beat the Skunk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Beat the Skunk Reply with quote

Friday I headed back down to Seaside, arriving around 2 right as tide was near peak high. Winds were 10 to 20 mph ranging from the west to the north.

When I arrive, a usual told me they were into the gators from morning til about 1:30, and the bite had practically died once I got there. I still got 1 explosion while pencil popping with a gold XRW-11.

Later another usual and I head out to the rocks on Fayerweather. While out there, he observed a few small bursts of peanut bunker. That's when I beat the skunk with a little 15" striper. He caught 2 about the same size. Special retrieve was a slow steady pencil popping.

Once things died down out on Fayerweather, we headed back to shore. I never got into anything else no matter what I threw.

Water temp stayed at 63.7 throughout the afternoon. This weekend's freeze and cold daytime highs might have an impact on the bluefish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: