CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Beat the Skunk with New Jersey Style
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Beat the Skunk with New Jersey Style Reply with quote

Once I showered, brushed my teeth, took my meds, and hopped in bed, I noticed it was already almost 4:30am Wednesday. That's when I decided to look at the tides to see if an early morning trip to Seaside might be good. High for Black Rock was 6:14am so I got ready and hit the road arriving at the parking area at first light.

I started off by casting from the beach with the SSP-12 and 5" custom wooden popper but nada.

Later I headed farther out onto the jetty but couldn't go out too far due to insects active. I sprayed OFF on my arms, legs, and neck, but they were still biting my face, hands, and through my athletic shirt.

Tried casting from the rocks by the pier but nada. Snappers were the early risers and the ones feeding non-stop.

Next I went to the city ramp but nada.

Once the sun had risen and gotten higher I decided to check out the jetty again. Insects went home which meant I was safe out there. While casting with the 5" popper in the same spot where I got into that school of tailors last time, I got an explosion on 1 cast and landed a 16" harbor blue anywhere from 2 to 3 pounds. The retrieve was steady reeling with constant jerking like the way the New Jersey surfcasters are about gator blues in October.

Hit Fayerweather Island by the lighthouse but nada.

Went back to the rocks and then to the ramp before hitting the road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: