CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Beat the Skunk with New Technique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Beat the Skunk with New Technique Reply with quote

Arrived at the funeral home just after 3:20pm Sunday with my 5'6" ML setup. Right as I got there I saw cookie cutter bass and the biggest gills and seeds have a field day with dragonflies.

3 lures I played with were the custom painted Spit'n Image, weedless frog, and a Texas rigged 3" dark green tube.

What had many largemouths going was the 3" tube. A new technique I found out about is rigging a 3" tube Texas style and using it as a subsurface gliding or walk the dog bait with occasional quick pauses to get it sink a bit. That had 2 bass grab it without setting the hook and beat the skunk with a cookie cutter under a pound.

The frog seemed to have some bigger bass interested. The retrieve was 1 jerk every second and a half. Lost one of the pigs in there.

Later just after 5pm is when I decided to go to Twin Brooks and stick with those 2 lures.

Nothing happened as for hits at the main pond. One pond had 2 fish grab the tube and another explode on the Spit'n Image.

Once it was after 7pm I headed over to the larger pond to see how the summer evening topwater bite was. The spot that caught me the pig last year had a big bass take the tube before spitting it. The other spot I caught lots of 1 to 3 pounders at last year had an explosion on the frog.

Hit the road just after 8:30pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: