CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Been hitting 'em on Zoar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigEd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Been hitting 'em on Zoar Reply with quote

The last few weeks we have really been getting some nice fish out of southern end of Zoar. The largemouth have been hanging in the shallows and topwater has them turned on just outside of submerged weedlines. Suspended jerkbaits have drawn some strikes too, all were on the pause. No fish caught in less than 8 ft of water though. My daughter got bit on a black zara puppy in 23 feet of water! Baitfish are still jumping at times and the transition between the weedy shallows and drop offs have had some serious commotion. Saw plenty of large carp breaking the surface as well. I havent been able to find crappie all month long to save my life. Morning has been hotter than evenings but pre sunset has produced larger fish for us even though the action was a bit slower. Neko rigged worms have gotten some nice smallies when pulling them from shore to deeper water where the weeds are lacking. Slight jiggling and bouncing the bait a foot at a time have produced. Got a few on the drop shot as well. Darker colors like watermelon have been better producers than pumpkins or brown hues. Overall the largemouth have been the hot bite, smallies have been tougher to get. The weeds are dying and the water is quite clear now. Draw down is scheduled for Nov 1st through the 9th. Looks like we have a couple of good weeks left before then. And for those who care...the zebra mussel situation has definitely gotten worse. Ropes and cables for the docks were pretty well covered with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: