CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Beseck lake open for business???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Beseck lake open for business??? Reply with quote

Beseck lake was mentioned several times in this week's state fishing report.
I loved this place when I started yaking with my nucanoe, and then it was dredged for a year.
If it is open again and producing again, I will be there bright and early this Sunday.

Does anyone know if its open and have you fished it this year?
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished there about a week ago. The water level was in good shape and I caught 1 close to 3 lbs. You should be good to go
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up!!
I will be there on sunday around 530am in my yak if anyone wants to join
hila2006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lived on Beseck for a couple years. Caught my first pike there. I wonder what they left for species in there? Caught some nice smallies, white perch, largies, and of course pike. Might hit up there today, got the boat up and running. Good to hear it's back up to level at least.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear people are fishing here and it's producing. I work a few miles down the street and hit it in the kayak earlier in the season, no luck! I often fish from shore near the dam on my lunch, but again...no luck. I had a guy in the local market tell me an 8.4 lb Largemouth was caught earlier in the month. If it's true, that's one hell of a nice fish. Guess I'll be bringing my kayak to work later in the week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I stop by all the people I see using the launch are jet skis and not many fisherman has anyone fished it lately and if so how did you do?
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTfisherman20 wrote:
Every time I stop by all the people I see using the launch are jet skis and not many fisherman has anyone fished it lately and if so how did you do?

I fished it two weeks ago from my yak and had a bunch of hits on the western side of the lake, towards the tall grass area near the large house on the shore.

I caught 2 decent size lmb's at the entrance of the cove near the damn, and also caught a very nice lmb to the left of the boat ramp under the trees, as I was waiting for a boat to trailer up.
CTfisherman20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up deciding to give it a shot the other day and pulled out 2 small LMB but ended up with 2 crappy and 2 white perch in addition to the bass so all in all wasn't a bad day on the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: