CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: best bass line
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigh1590

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: best bass line Reply with quote

Alright guys heres a question for you...what type of line and lb test do normally use for your go to pole? I have 3 reels I use on the regular always reline my poles at the beginning of the year. ive used mono my whole life mainly cuz I never knew there was different types of line. over the past few years was too afraid to switch now that I understand the physics of the types lines finally grabbed some 8lb cabelas brand flouro iwas just wondering what everyone uses and what they throw it on. I know flourocarbon sinks but can I still use it for topwaters? also is brittleness a problem bought some spiderline mono last year huge mistake couldnt hold a knot at all eithe snapped or pulled out hoping not to have the same problem with this new line
pdcrack

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, there is absolutely no reason to be using mono line. From what I know, the only reason it exists is for beginners to learn how to cast properly.

I used 12# flouro on a couple of my setups, and usually a 14-20lb for my jigging setup. If Im pitching or flipping lilly pads I like a 30# or so braid.
pdcrack

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also what type of knot are you using? I generally use either trilene knot (http://www.animatedknots.com/trilene/) or a variation of it. I dont think the 5/6 loops are necessary, I usually just use 2 or 3
linesider21

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30# Power Pro on my 2 6'6" St. Croixs and 50# on my 7' Croix Tidemaster now that the stripers are in.. best knot for braid is a variation of a palomar and a uni. youtube best or strongest braid knot and youll see. Cool

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a joke thread. . . . Sad

Hey, baby, wanna spawn? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishing line is subjective I think.... I use 6 and 12 lb mono...never had any problems. Use what your most comfortable using...that's all.
x182dan

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using 10poound fluore for crankbaits,jerkbaits. If I am pitching a bait I run 30lb braid.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: SUNLINE! Reply with quote

Sunline Sunline Sunline Sunline!!!! Unbelievable stuff!

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: