CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Biggest Blitz in YEARS!!!! ***PIC***
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Biggest Blitz in YEARS!!!! ***PIC*** Reply with quote

After the day I had Friday at Seaside, I decided to stay up overnight Saturday and head down to the beach are of Seaside early Sunday morning. Arrived around 5:15am and threw some topwater as I waded, but niente.

Once I took a few breaks and threw topwater, I started getting a bit hungry and decided to head back Downtown to D'nD.

Got back to the beach right as the sky was getting brighter. Saw lots of peanut bunker around but never had any luck.

Around 6:15 is when a line of dark low level clouds passed overhead and headed to the south, which resulted in winds becoming gusty northerly. Forecast called for a cold front and wave of low pressure to pass by early morning.

I waded as far out as I could once the tide was getting close to low but never got into anything.

Later I took a lunch break Downtown as things still never happened.

Casted for a while until I decided to just sit down and wait for signs of blitzing.

Then later in the afternoon, birds start getting active. More birds keep joining until it turns into a monster bluefish blitz. As I keep watching from the Fayerweather jetty, I head over to the beach and arrive on the spot right as the blues were pushing the peanut bunker towards where I was standing. Threw a Rapala Saltwater Skitter Pop SSP-12 Fire Chartreuse with just the rear treble on it. Retrieve was steady fast reeling with a nice jerk every full second. Got tons of explosions, lost 3, and landed a 34" 13 pound 1 ounce gator. Other faces I'm familiar with were there and others who had their gear with them got into the blitz.

The blues eventually pushed the peanut bunker out to rocks on the eastern side of Fayerweather Island. They started making their way back in later and I lost 2. Young dude in his jet ski comes flying in as we wait for the blues to start up again, resulting in the blues to not return as the guy goes in and out.

Saw birds and blues active farther down the beach but once we got there, the blues were gone.

Hit the road around 7pm

34" 13 pound 1 ounce gator bluefish on Rapala Saltwater Skitter Pop SSP-12 Fire Chartreuse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: