CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bishops Pond 05/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Bishops Pond 05/24 Reply with quote

Connecticut meteorologists suck! When it became obvious that the forecast of bad weather today would be wrong (at about 7:30 am, I think), asianfisher (aka Billy) and I decided to look for a place to fish in the Meriden area. We started at Bishops Pond at 9:30 am. The weather was perfect. It was overcast, too warm for anything but short sleeves and just slightly breezy, with a fairly steady south wind. We parked on the north end of the pond at the end of the earthen dam. The pond looks absolutely beautiful. There are lily pads and all kinds of wildlife, including swans, geese, turtles and blue herons. We got on the water and began exploring the pond. I pedaled my Hobie i9s and quickly discovered that the areas of open water that I saw from the dam hid a dense forest of weeds just underneath the surface. The fins of the Mirage Drive on my Hobie hung up on the weeds pretty badly. I haven't had such a hard time pedaling my boat since I got caught in Salmon Cove at low tide in my Hobie Pro Angler last year. We went around the entire pond and couldn't find any open water. We saw carp and sunnies, but they were few and far between. The pond is so overgrown with weeds already that it's not worth trying to fish it, unless you're into that kind of thing. Rolling Eyes We got off the water and went looking for another pond at 10:30 am.

Last edited by PECo on Tue May 24, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bishops Pond 05/24 Reply with quote

We fished a private lake that belong to a farmer.... Place was loaded with stunted bass and needs to be depleted a lil. I think imma have a talk with the guy to see if this will be possible. Im gonna guess we got around 50 if not more... Would def go back... After all Phil has to get hook outta a big ass bass that took his senko and leader.... These might be my last few ventures out this way before i move to Mass and venture out that way.... All and all sure imma still be around.. Just not as much... Always a pleasure meeting ya'll and fishing with whom i've fished with...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: