CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Black Pond 6/26/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RD54

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Black Pond 6/26/14 Reply with quote

Quick outing on the canoe with my son. Fished the lilypads near the boat launch. Caught three small LMB. They were hitting the green 5" senkos. Threw a few rattlebaits with no hits. Left at dusk. There were only a few others on the water fishing. This was our first time fishing there. We will explore more of the lake this weekend. Good times for a Thursday evening.
RD54

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the pads near the boat launch what other areas do folks recommend on Black Pond (Meriden)?
AVec80X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The area near the boat launch and the whole Eastern shoreline are way overfished, adventure out back as deep into the scum as you can get with your canoe…and throw topwater. I've even tucked my hook on a Texas rigged Senko and fished it atop the pads & scum and had success.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight. Will give it a go this weekend. Report to follow.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the Summer, I'd go through the shallow channel in the southwestern corner of the pond and fish the shallows in the south end of the cove at the end of the channel. It's weed-choked and super shallow, but largemouth bass hide under the pads. Use a soft plastic or hollow bodied frog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: